When did search ads prices go up?

I must be out of the loop. I tried search ads once with my jewelry shop earlier this year and I paid $5.00 for the minimum. I just looked into it again for this shop and all the prices have gone up. The minimum is now $7.00. When did that happen?
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
19 Replies
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: When did search ads prices go up?

I wasn't aware the minimum went up either. But, you can also just watch it over the course of the week and shut it down when you hit $5.
0 Likes

Mine still says $5 for the minimum.
0 Likes
ModernHermine
Inspiration Seeker

you can add in any price you want I think at the bottom
0 Likes

I don't have an option to change the minimum price (which shows $7.00, with the other prices being $14 and $35).

I apparently just activated search ads by mistake. **oops** I know I can stop it but I'm going to give it a shot. I'm using only a few, very specific keywords and promoting just one section of my shop. We'll see how it goes.
0 Likes
Rt9NJvintageFun
Inspiration Seeker

I run the weekly search ads for $5.00, but have heard the prices went up a few months ago. This is where we need some one from Administration to come in and clarify the new fee structure.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I'm the original poster of this thread and I'm posting from my jewelry shop now. I was curious about the differences in price so Iogged in with this account. This account is only being charged the $5.00 minimum for search ads. I wonder why some shops are being charged more than others?
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I paid $7 both times for the minimum and I ran them about 2-3 months ago. $5 would def be more in my budget, and I'd probably run them more often. It's strange how $2 can make a difference to me.
0 Likes

$2.00 is a lot for me too Keli. The $7.00 would hurt a little less (if it generated a sale) for my jewelry shop because most of those are higher priced items. Most of the items in this card shop are $5.00 and less.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

My minimum is still the samme also!
0 Likes

I only found out a couple of weeks ago..not seen any announcements or anything about it either..anyway I used the 5$ a week search ads earlier this year and when I reached the 5$ or the week has ended it shut down automatically but not this time.. I started the 7$ search ads not that long ago and thought it will shut down again after a week or when I used all my $7 but it didn't and it went on and on.. me not realising it and ended up with a $15 bill and no sales so basically wasted all the money
I only realised that my ads "renewed" itself after a week when I got an automated email from Etsy telling me that my ads will run until I shut them down..well thanx for telling me when did this change??
what a rip off!!
0 Likes

Never mind. I was asking about the cost for search ads having increased. I found on another forum that the bottom price, in the box, can be changed to whatever you wish to spend. Etsy: How about some explanation on that page so we can see that option more clearly, please?

Thanks!
0 Likes

Search ads are still showing $5. min for me. Curious that it is different. I think I would check with etsy and ask why that is.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

The minimum for my shop is $5.00
0 Likes

I noticed after Holiday when I went to lower my ads that the minimum I saw was $10.

If you check the $25 box then you can edit the amount to spend in that box. so check 25 and then REPLACE the "2" and the "5" with JUST a "5".

and then double check that you have adjusted it and you see $5 when you go back in.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Mine says 14! Geez I'm going to go check, I haven't seen anything about setting the base price
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Yep, my options are 14, 28 and 70 for me they used to be the old prices a few months ago. How strange!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

It's weird that in the bottom line where it lists the larges amount(the one that you can change) is different for everyone. Mine says $80. Hahahahaha! Like that will ever happen! :)
0 Likes

Mine said $7.00, $14.00 and $21.00. I changed the $21.00 to $5.00 and it worked. So I guess you can decide how much to spend per week and change the third option to that amount.

I tried search ads for one week a short while ago and had no success whatsoever, no significant increase in views and no sales at all. I discontinued before the week was over, so no harm done. I just spent two or three dollars.

I do not particularly like Etsy's proposed key words. I wish I could use my own.
0 Likes

mine is 5,10,25 with the absolute minimum being 5
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.