Former_Member
Not applicable

What are your tips to promote on facebook?

I use my facebook account and my facebook page to promote my products, but I don't see any results. I occasionally try putting questions, share other's products, like and comment and even put up fun stuff. I also have a sales promo going on....But I hardly get any responses.

Does anybody have tips on how they smartly use their facebook page to promote and engage the audience?
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
20 Replies

Re: What are your tips to promote on facebook?

I post interesting things I find and share personal things about my day - like a favorite new show I discovered - and ask about theirs, etc.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I'm interested in the answers here, too! I'm in the same situation as you, Reshma.

Sarah
0 Likes

In addition to what Rebecca has posted I am wondering: Do you have a welcome page? Do you have an Etsy page? Have you got rid of the numbers at the end of your page's url? Do you maintain your photo strip and have links behind each image in your photo strip?
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Wow, no. How do you do those things? I have an etsy page, and maintain my photo strip, but how do you get rid of the numbers and create links behind each image?
0 Likes

Sarah give me a few minutes and I will post a link or two.
0 Likes

I used to have a welcome page but I personally don't like them and they keep me from interacting and seeing what the person generally posts about. I always click on "wall" off the welcome page before I decide to follow. Plus my welcome page stopped showing up once I started browsing in https so I deleted mine.

Once you have 20-25 fans you can go to http://www.facebook.com/username to set your shortened url for your fan page. Be sure to choose the proper page.

I have an app for my shop on my fanpage, but it's for my main shop and not etsy.

My photos are generally my soaps and other products so I always include descriptions and a link back to my shop in my photo descriptions. Though I also have an album with me making soap to show the process and some personal wall photos.

My blog articles auto-post to facebook, so I share blog posts. Quick B&B recipes, inspiring quotes, ask questions, etc. A mish mash of everything.
0 Likes

Sarah here is a post I wrote on how to get rid of Facebook numbers at the end of your page's url.

http://jewelrybyamyt.blogspot.com/2011/10/facebook-name-get-rid-of-those-numbers.html
0 Likes

Sarah here is the link about Facebook's photo strip. http://etsybusinessmarketing.com/2011/07/24/facebook-photo-strip/

I do not have a quick reference on how to add a welcome page. But there are several apps on Facebook that one can use to do this.

0 Likes

Personally I like welcome pages being used as a first time only landing page. And mine still works even with Facebook changes.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

0 Likes

Sarah - that was quick :-)

I have checked out yor page and of course "liked" it. While doing so I noticed that you have Etsy set as your land page. I would suggest that you change that to your wall since you do not have a welcome page.

This is sort of the same thing that Rebecca was referring to on page one.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Thank you Rebecca and AmyT for the tips. I think I will have to work on that being "more personal" aspect and do something about my welcome page on FB. Currently when one clicks to my FB link, it goes straight to my etsy page. So don't know whether that is helping.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I find that the more I engage in other folks' posts, the more I get feedback on mine. If all I do is post business information, folks get turned off... feel spammed, etc. Our facebook friends are much more likely to support us if they truly feel like we are a friend.

My only sale in this new shop has come through facebook networking, so I, of course, think it's worth the effort :)

~Linda
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Don't forget to link your Etsy shop to your fan page. It's a new feature on Etsy so alot of people haven't noticed you can do it yet...
0 Likes
KthysKreations
Inspiration Seeker

Thanks to Rebecca & AmyT for their great advice. I'll be fixing my FB page up. :)
0 Likes

Hmmm, interesting. I've tried to change my name and get rid of the numbers but when I arrived at my info page I saw only my page-name without the numbers, still the numbers are in my url! Very strange.

Thanks for the info by the way:-)
Cheers Peter

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Foppes-Acre-Originals/277845598922698
0 Likes

I made this treasury to promote my shop and the my team members from UNITED ARTISANS OF THE WORLD ! check it out guys ! thanks

http://www.etsy.com/treasury/MTI5NTU4Mjl8MTA2MjEwMzQzMQ/open-sale-check-this-team-stores-sale?ref=pr...
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I've been doing 'Freebies & Giveaways' on facebook - this has brought a TON of people to my page. You are giving an item away for a contest, but it has been cheaper and brought more people than any facebook ads I've done previously.

Since I have a bunch of wine charms sets lying around (multiples) I don't mind giving some away for promotion.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

At Diana - Yes doing freebies and giveaways on facebook did bring in a lot of fans for me, but sometimes I think I don't have the right audience. The same people who won the giveaway or freebie just don't come back and I never see them even commenting about anything.
Yes, I know I still need to personalise my page and work on getting things done like I would from the other business pages that I like...Time to ponder again!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Okay...I finally got a welcome landing page done for my facebook page. Please check it out. Any feedback is most welcome! Thank you.
Here is the link www.facebook.com/ahkriti
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.