Former_Member
I need to be honest and figure out why my stuff is not selling. I have started selling for 4 4months and have not sold anything. I have renewed listings and have greatly improved my designs. What gives. I think maybe I should lower my prices and or get a printer. Maybe lower my prices so I can just sell pdf printables just to promote out there. I have had less than 200 views a month and think that no one is fining my site.
Any advice will help here. I have asked for help about 3-4 times and I will keep asking until I get it right.
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: Up and running for 4 months and no sales....why?

Lonni there is no need to apologize as I was not offended well the comment about English being a second language...well I am not sure what this mean.
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes

Well, when I click on your shop, I don't see any listings, just your banner. Weird. When I click on other shops from people who have replied to you, I see their listings. Maybe it's a browser thing. I'm using Firefox. I assume you have active lisings?
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Lonni I can see that you are the one who made the comment. No worries I understand your reasoning was because of the grammer errors. In college I would revise and revise before I turned in my papers. Here I must admit that my focus was on getting ideas and building my confidence. I did revise but obviously not in the way that I should have. I am glad that you and others took the time to help me out. I will only succeed as long as I learn from the mistakes that I am making. Thank you.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Karin I took the listings down to work on them but please I will put some back up. Thank you.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I think more items is the way to go. Each item in your shop is like a door, the more doors you have means more people can get in.

Personally, I probably wouldn't ever buy a PDF printable. I don't want to pay for something that I will have to print myself, especially since my printer isn't very good and ink is expensive. I would be much more likely to buy a cute t-shirt, coffee mug, tote bag... something tangible has much more value to me.

Good luck!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

The first thing that stands out to me is the font you used. It is a pretty standard font and not incredibly appealing to the younger crowd you find on etsy (target audience is 24-35). I would experiment with using some more modern fonts and mixing and matching. Hope that helps just a little!!
0 Likes

The comment about English not being your first language means that every thing you write- here and in your listings- is full of errors that a non-native speaker would make. I made the same assumption.
0 Likes

Also, the sale you made is a nice tangible notebook! I say make more things along those lines and they will definitely sell.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Thanks Dear Girl Designs I appreciate your feedback. I can really write better and am working on this.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Just want to say thank you to everyone for all of your help. I have been working on a new design and editing the print.
0 Likes

Hi Mireya! I would definitely recommend working on new designs and adding more items - You'll show up in the search more and your customers will have more of a variety to choose from.

Also, custom listings are a big hit! Maybe some kind of quote or love type print where you can personalize it to add a specific date or a customer(s) name(s) so it can be used for a holiday, wedding, anniversary, etc. (Just an idea)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

thanks Shannon sounds like a marvelous idea...I need to get planning.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.