Former_Member
Ignore last post - more accurate title here...

Do you find that being featured in a treasury or creating a treasury drives sales? Do you think buyers are looking at them, or other Etsy sellers (who aren't really looking to buy).

I like the idea of treasuries...they're fun to create, and I'm honored if I'm featured in one. I'm not knocking them at all. Just curious about whether or not they lead to sales.

Re: Treasuries = Sales?

it seems to me - cause I do this - that people heart things they like from treasuries, put those items into new treasuries which then get put into yet more treasuries and the promotion of that product grows from there.
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

PelangiDesign says

what is the taste test please???
=====================
taste test is a new thing that came out.... some don't like it but I LOVE it... I do it constantly... just for fun or to find new things to feature in treasuries.

I would say when you take taste test don't be afraid to click the "show me other items" prompt if you don't like the batch you are shown... in this way you will really see things you like.

Try it, it is cool... kinda like a video game and shopping all roll into one... what more could you want? lol
0 Likes

so there's a place to choose this somewhere. I haven't seen it. Must open my eyes. Thanks newhopebeading. Are you from New Hope PA? btw
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

newhopebeading,

Hi :) you are one of my favorite shops and in my treasuries.
Never tried Taste Test www.etsy.com/tastetest/ but would love to give it a try.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

PelangiDesign says

so there's a place to choose this somewhere. I haven't seen it. Must open my eyes. Thanks newhopebeading. Are you from New Hope PA? bt
====================
no but I am close by (like 1/2 hour away) ... I actually tell the story of my shop name in my profile :)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

ElnaDesigns says

newhopebeading,

Hi :) you are one of my favorite shops and in my treasuries.
=========================
waves "hi" and right back at ya! :)
0 Likes

My figurines are in a lot of Treasuries. The more I improved my photographs, the more Treasuries I showed up in. I even adjusted a photo this past week of an item that never made a T in three months and suddenly it was in quite a few.

When I began making lots of Treasuries, I got a much better sense of what sort of photos look good in that format. (Needless to say, I try to improve my photography all the time and it has been a long learning curve, but absolutely worthwhile). I also learned about the sort of tags that Treasury makers use to make them quickly (hint: color is a huge one).

I highly recommend making Treasuries. You will learn a lot! Is it the best way to get exposure? I wish I knew. It can certainly be time-consuming. Getting featured in Treasuries definitely increases your overall exposure, which ultimately will lead to sales, so it can't hurt!

I understand that Treasuries become 'hot' based on views and clicks within a certain time period. I've had a few of my Treasuries on the FP, but it had nothing to do with 'hotness' (mine are never 'hot'). I hear all kinds of theories about how a T gets picked for the FP and not one of them applied to mine! The only thing I know for sure is that they were loaded up with beautifully photographed items and were artfully arranged. However, following that criteria is certainly no magic bullet!

My items have been on the FP a number of times. I'd say that about half the time I had a sale or two as a direct result, but not necessarily the item featured, and certainly not a watershed! (Granted, my shop has a very small niche) I definitely received a ton of views and hearts, so the exposure is fantastic.

I hope that my experience is helpful to you!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

@newhopebeading - you're right...I forgot! You gave me a great explanation about teams. Thanks for the input. It's good to hear from a successful seller!

Thanks to everyone for your feedback!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

CMBDisplayDesigns says

@newhopebeading - you're right...I forgot! You gave me a great explanation about teams. Thanks for the input. It's good to hear from a successful seller!

Thanks to everyone for your feedback
====================================
No worries :) and *blushes* never been called a successful seller before :) Still trying to figure it out every day myself lol :)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I can be in up to 3 treasuries per day but have had no sales, of yet. I enjoy that someone just likes my work enough to feature it, though.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Treasuries are very important. The Etsy Finds that comes to our email box is often linked to keywords in treasuries. This can get you a ton of views and potential buyers.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

CMBDisplayDesigns re "How do treasuries get so hot?".

Surely it's because Treasury is dominated by teams that serve no purpose other than to create Treasury lists that feature each other's items. And they agree to comment on and click on a specific number of items in each Treasury list that their team members create.

I make Treasury lists because I enjoy browsing and it's a nice way to keep track of items I come across. However as an aid to sellers I think the whole thing is a sham.

BTW re photos. I've observed that items that are fairly small with lots of white space stand out well in a Treasury list and on the Just Listed page.

AM
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Good question..I always wondered about that too! I was recently featured in a treasury and then sold the item but have no idea if there is a correlation or not...regardless I was very happy to have the sale and hope the exposure helped.
0 Likes

You know, it seems like everyone has there own very specific experience on etsy which means to me that alot of it just has to do with what we are selling and what people want to buy. if we have what they want it will sell. how people find us to see whether what we have is what they want to buy is "The" #1 trick to all of this.
0 Likes

@newhopebeading
I would love to hear the same great explanation about teams you gave to CMDBisplayDesign if you would. is it in this discussion somewhere so you don't have to write again?
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

My pieces have been featured in many treasuries, got some hearts/favorite shops but only 2 specific sales that I can track to a treasury feature. Certainly is possible that other items in my shop were found and purchased by a treasury viewer, no way to know that however.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

@PelangiDesign
Here's the older post from another thread from newhopebeading:

There is a slight distinction to be made between a treasury team... which is a group of people who like to make treasuries and usually include a certian number of team mates in each treasury (I am in a few of those and enjoy them a lot... I will give you a link to a neat one that anyone can join in a bit) and a treasury PROMOTION team... which is a team that just promotes treasuries.... this is often where they get the large number of views.

I technically belong to some of these too but use them very sparingly (which is probably why my treasuries are rarely hot lol) I just don't have the time to sit and promote one treasury all day... I have orders to fill and things to do. But some people do have the time to do that... promote one treasury all day that is... and that is usually why you see the difference in view. Once something gets to the first or 2nd page of treasury it is like a rock rolling down hill.... it picks up views on its own

But this is different than your classic treasury team... it is more a promotional team type thing I think you are seeing

0 Likes

Whether I'm featured or the curator I've only once experience significantly higher views from being in a treasury that got over 1500 views. I've had one of my treasuries hit front page and even then, I didn't have any extra traffic to speak of. THey are fun to make and fun to be featured in but I don't think they bring much for sales, which is too bad because they sure take a lot of time to make! I'm starting to spend my time doing more productive things these days instead of making treasuries!
0 Likes

only people I see interested in treasuries are us hungry sellers... lol 15 sales in three years here, sadly no treasuries have helped and I am tired of sending free new members to etsy...
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

it can't hurt!!! being seen is being seen right? I'm a newbie and want any exposure I can get. I'm also an etsy shopper and favorite items from treasuries all the time. To me it's all part of the networking side of being a seller. It's kinda fun too and helps me to think as a buyer when putting them together. Sara
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I was featured in a very pretty one this morning. The theme is pearls but all of the items are very different. Here it is if anyone wants to look. http://www.etsy.com/treasury/4dcf586b2b1c6d91cf2800b8/the-kiss-of-a-pearl#4dcfe82d8f538eefb72623a9
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

If you want to be in treasuries, make treasuries. Any extra exposure can potentially help with sales, but the FP, of course, is the best exposure- or the Etsy finds. The "cool" treasury teams are really hard to get into. They are juried and only let people in when they have an opening- and why would anybody leave?
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

"Cool" treasury teams with a jury?! Wow, I had no idea how complex this treasury thing gets!! What are some examples?
0 Likes

I think treasuries is a good promotion tool :) I'm a seller and a buyer and it is a good way how to find really gorgeous things on Etsy :)
0 Likes

http://www.etsy.com/teams/6697/treasury-friends-team

This is one of the juried teams. One of their Treasuries made the FP this morning.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.