Former_Member
Not applicable

To showcase or not?

Need advice on showcases . Do they really work? I know there must be something to them because they are always fully booked.
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
10 Replies

Re: To showcase or not?

Personally I never had any luck, but perhaps I need to work on my technique.
0 Likes

General consensus is NOT - they might work for some people, but most of us agree it's just a waste of time. I prefer to spend my money on ads at www.craftcult.com or www.craftopolis.com - $15 for a full week on both those sites versus $7 a day here.
0 Likes

I've done 2. Neither brought much traffic in, or really any at all. I would never do it again. I'd rather spend the $7 on google adwords or facebook ads.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I have done several showcases, though none recently. I prefer the more targeted ones (wedding, jewelry, etc...) to the overall showcase, which is cheaper ($7 vs. $15). I always get a lot of views, but as far as I know only one sale from it.

But like I said, I haven't done one in a long time, and I agree with other posters that I'd rather try out advertising on FB or someone's blog to see how those compare.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Thanks for posting this, because I'm from England, the time when the slots are released is pretty awkward! I haven't done one yet, but this has made me think again. Hmm..
0 Likes

The only showcase I can get into is "RINGS" (I've made it into a few bracelet showcases, rarely). I find that my "views" increase throughout my whole shop, and have a few sales a result. However, the money I've spent on showcases could be better spent advertising elsewhere, like facebook. I'm still experimenting. I would love to get into a necklace or jewelry showcase, but my hope is that my rings will attract people to look around at my other items. Hopefully they are enough to entice others: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Krissykrull?section_id=6624471
0 Likes
JudyStalus
Conversation Maker

Save your money, I don't know of anyone who has had luck with these, especially now after all the Etsy changes have pretty much made them invisible.
You could use the advertising money to renew and do much better. Using $7 in one day for renewing could get a lot of attention, lots more than spending it on an invisible showcase.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I did a necklace showcase and got very little views from it and no sales. I have had better luck here in the teams and promoting on facebook than anywhere else.

As a side note I am hosting a 100 likes contest on facebook. Stop by and check it out @ http://www.facebook.com/sisterlycreationshandmadejewelry
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I've done it with no results. I'd rather relist.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Thanks everyone for confirming my intial thoughts! You guys were very helpful!
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.