Soooo confused, please help

Two questions.
1. Want to showcase my earlier work so people can see what I can do. What can I title the Sections to make that clear? Using 'Previous Models' but don't love it. and need to separate into cats, dogs, etc

2. I took the prices off the 'previous' models so no one would think they were for sale, got a convo, 'these are 20 cents?! custom?!' Think it was sarcastic, but was a good point. Is it now MORE confusing? Should I put prices on them all again? - have tried it all ways - so confused - ok over to the Etsy Brain Trust. Am off to walk the dog - hope you all figure it out by the time I get back.... lol

Thanks guys
Wendy
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
8 Replies

Re: Soooo confused, please help

You can't do this. Right now, your items are for sale for twenty cents! You'll have to find another way to show examples of past work. I'd suggest within an actual listing (for something you are trying to sell!), that you include one of these examples, but be clear in your description. Hope that made sense.
0 Likes

I am pretty sure you can't list items unless they are actually for sale.

Why not suggest to people that they look through your sold section so they can see your previous work?
You could provide a link in your item description.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Do you have a blog or a Facebook page that you can link in your listings and then post pictures of early work on those?

Edited to add -

Or include them in your About page?
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I've seen people list items and use the money requested as the deposit for an item, not the total charge. Maybe include that these are past examples, but the money (low fee 30 dollars) is the deposit requested. I don't know if this is Etsy appropriate but maybe something to look into? Good luck
0 Likes

It's against Etsy rules to list items that aren't for sale. I'd be inclined to show those photos on your About page or create custom listings using those items as examples and pricing them appropriately.

https://www.etsy.com/help/article/483 (look under Listings)
"You may not create a listing for an item that is not for sale or sold out."
0 Likes

Yep...definitely not allowed. I did see where you have a listing for the custom orders and you show examples there. You could change out those pictures frequently to show others; and by updating your listings I think it helps get them higher in search.
0 Likes

ah poo - ok will fix
0 Likes

Feeling depressed, no point in having a shop, will only have three items in it.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.