Shipping

I am so frustrated by the continued efforts of Etsy to encourage me to offer low or free shipping. I am a small business struggling to live and shipping is a large overhead cost for me. Every time I enter a shipping cost on an item I get a pop up scolding reminding me how much customers hate high shipping cost. I feel their pain!!! I hate them too!

If Etsy wants to compete with amazon and walmart maybe they should pick up all the shipping tabs. Or perhaps they could offer buyers a yearly rate for free shipping and then pick up our tab for those subscribers. I notice they make money off our sales and our shipping charges.

Etsy was originally a platform for artist and crafters of smaller scale.  How on Earth can we offer Free shipping on items we are producing with our own blood sweat and tears at minimal profit.

I've been on Etsy since 2011. I loved being a member and a seller in the Etsy community. It has become increasingly more difficult to feel supported.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
3 Replies

Re: Shipping

I totaly agree and feel the same way...if ETSY wants to see free shipping so much then they should be footing the bill and not trying to make the sellers feel guilty for not offering it.

2 Likes

Another seller in total agreement.  Free postage?  Not.

1 Like

I am really frustrated with this "free shipping" idea. If I want to get found in searches, I HAVE to offer free shipping. If I don't - move to the back of the line! What else? I have been on Etsy since 2011, now actually considering moving to different platforms. 

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.