Former_Member
Not applicable

Shipping Posters

Hi guys.

I'm fairly new at this game and am looking for tips on the best way to package posters.

Ive been using the tube mailers but I've been using rubber bands to keep the posters rolled. A friend told me that's not a good way to do it.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Matthew
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
12 Replies
MayhemHere
Inspiration Seeker

Re: Shipping Posters

Would just rolling them and putting them in the tubes keep it safe.. I don't think you need the rubber band.. or you could maybe make little bands with your logo and website out of paper... wrap them tight around the poster and tape them on the paper.. if that makes sense
0 Likes
MayhemHere
Inspiration Seeker

just taping the paper i mean.. not to the poster..
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

What is your poster size?

Im using tube to mail my artworks too. But don't think the rubber band is a necessary.

cheers.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I have varying print sizes. I prefer not to just insert the rolled print into the mailing tube as it is: A. - Sometimes harder to get out of the tube and: B. - isn't it more prone to damage if it's presses right up against the corrugated walls of the tube? If the tube is damaged in shipment the poster will likewise be damaged, no?

Thanks for your responses guys! Appreciate it! :)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Does anyone else have any tips?
0 Likes
Zehland
Crafty Poster

I have a big roll of brown paper that I use to I roll the poster in. I lay the flat poster on the paper and roll them up together.

Then I tape the paper on the outside and put it into the mailing tube. Works great and you can make the paper a few inches wider than the print to protect the edges.
0 Likes
SahetahsJewelry
Inspiration Seeker

A tube is perhaps the safest way to ship paper. There doesn't seem to be any other way. Shipping in a box just isn't practical. If you are worried about it bouncing around then you could always try wrapping extra craft paper around it, or using bubble wrap around the exterior of the tube and pad the ends.

The only thing i can think of =)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I use a plastic bag. The bag was wide, so I cut and taped it to make several long thin bags. Once the poster is inside, you can use tape instead of rubber bands to keep the roll tight, so it can be easily removed from the tubes.

The bag I bought at micheals, it was for wrapping gift baskets. I found it by the archival photo sleeves. Also, the bag will keep the poster dry, if the tube gets wet while shipping.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

when I ship photos, I place them in a plastic bag and then use a deco-sonic sealer to melt away the top, creating a more "sealed", and even more professional, look. vanity aside, this keeps the photo (poster in your case) safe from weathering. after that, I place it in a harder mailer so it won't bend.
0 Likes
Davs
Post Crafter

In the past I have used tube mailers and rolled parchment or wax paper in with the poster to help protect it and then just taped the parchment loosely at the end of the roll. But depending on the size you could look into no bend or stay flat mailers, which is what I use now, I get mine on amazon.com but I hear good things about uline.com too.
0 Likes
HORD
Inspiration Seeker

I usually use postal tubes and wrap my print in archival paper (decent tracing paper should be all right) I overlap the archival paper, so it's not touching the print, and tape or sticker it!

If there's excess room near the ends of the tube I will but a small amount of tissue paper either end or bubble wrap so it's super safe.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

You guys all rule! Thanks!
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.