Former_Member
Not applicable

Searching for a mentor

Hello!
I have been selling on Etsy for a year and haven't even hit 60 sales yet. I sell polymer clay charms, and I understand there is a lot of competition but I can't help but feel like I'm doing something wrong.

I have seen some people suggest getting a mentor that has more experiance for advice and guidance. When I first started Etsy I had nobodys help and I was completely lost, perhaps that reflects my poor amount of sales.

If anyone is interested please contact me. I would love to have someone guide me and share some advice! :)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
5 Replies
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: Searching for a mentor

You might need a mentor for different parts of your business, such as, marketing, promotion, SEO, product photos, etc.

There is a team of mentors on Etsy called Team Sassy (sellers assisting sellers): https://www.etsy.com/teams/6159/sellers-assisting-sellers-team-sassy.

Team Sassy has a blog with a list of active mentors you can contact for help. Keep trying mentors on the list until you find someone who has time to help: http://etsymentors.blogspot.com/p/find-mentor-by-expertise.html
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

The members of the SASsy team are more than willing to answer specific questions that you may have, but we don't do full shop mentoring. There isn't anyone on the team that has the time to do that and run a shop as well.

Are you involved with any of the business type teams? Just reading through some of those threads can provide some information as can reading the Etsy Seller Handbook.

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Thank you both! I have contacted a couple members on the team according to the sections they specialize in. :)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Is anyone interested?
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi Ashley! I would be more than willing to help you in whatever way you may need! I have had my shop for about 5 months and have 81 sales! :D Let me know!
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.