Sales are going nowhere

My sales have been nil for the month of July. I typically have 3-6 sales per month and summer is typically a good time for my Wedding Memory Boxes. I have tried to add more inventory over the summer as I do not work at this time. I have also tried to review all of my tags and descriptions as well as work on re-doing my photos little by little. My sales are usually 50/50 sales of inventory versus custom orders.

Any suggestions?
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
4 Replies

Re: Sales are going nowhere

You already increased your inventory and improved your listings and SEO, so now you want to work on your marketing plan.
Find new ways to reach out to your target market.

But remember that small retail businesses like ours will always have fluctuating sales.

PS: I love your memory boxes.
0 Likes

I know you are re-doing the photos, but if I were you, I would use a light box or edit the background, so pictures don't show wrinkles of the cloth. That helps your products to stand out in the pictures.
0 Likes

Is it easy to edit the backgrounds on photos?
0 Likes

No.
Making things (products, pictures, etc.) of good quality always take time and dedication.

I'm a perfectionist and I go for all-white backgrounds, but that means I spend at least an hour on each photo. I use natural daylight or, if not available, a light box and then I use Photoshop to perfect the colours (if necessary) and remove shadows.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.