Former_Member
I was wondering...do any of you include little extras in your packaging to the customer and if you do, what? I've thought about doing this but not sure what to include that wouldn't take a lot of time or expense to create yet still reflect the feeling of my shop.
StuckOnSilver
Inspiration Seeker

Re: Question: Do you include little extras or gifts with your sold goods?

Mallory, if you put "Dear Mr. Mailman" on a package I would be offended. Be inclusive, if only for me.
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Ive sold a total of 15 yrs on Etsy and Ebay, and "adding" things in their packages never increased sales. Several personal "thank you's" through Etsy and Paypal email message system, a coupon code for their next purchase, fast shipping, great packing, and excellent email communication usually makes a permanent happy customer.
0 Likes

when i had supplies added to my shop and someone bought supplies, id add a few extra supplies with the items they bought - something simple like some extra beads.I am not overly worried about giving away supplies because i have A LOT of them. I also include a hand written thank you note and a coupon for their next order and a few business cards. Also if they order jewelry i would wrap it up in blank newspaper that i got at wal-mart and i took a thank you stamp and stamped all over it. People tend to like the extra few things i do to make their packages look nice. all jewelry items are send out in either a box or a draw string bag if they area straw string bag, the item is wrapped up nicely in some pretty tissue paper

0 Likes

I do make sure to wrap the item attractively with a little flower and/or nice ribbon. On occasion I have included a little something extra...sort of depends on my mood! Must say I was pleasantly surprised by getting a little gift when I purchased my first item on Etsy. It's much better than just getting something which looks stuffed into a bag, which has also happened to me on several occasions.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I always include a coupon for 10% off their next purchase from my shop. Otherwise it is new clean packaging materials and business cards. BTW - no one has ever used my coupon code but I like it as a little customer extra.
0 Likes

I don't include any extra's not even coupon codes because no one ever uses them! And whenever I receive "freebies" from other sellers they are not usually something I want or can use so it's a waste to me.

Great customer service, nice packaging and fast shipping go a long way in keeping customers happy and building up repeat buyers.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I sometimes put a little extra something. If you would like to give a little gift maybe you could put n small item that isn't selling that you would want to get rid of. When you give gifts it shows costumers that you care and you want them back. ;)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I include either a little simple hairbow or 2 start wipes that I made and have no use for. People thank me all the item that was a freebie. They also get a coupon code for their next purchase which they love too.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.