Former_Member
Not applicable

Prime time(s) for renewing??

What are the best times of day to renew items to get the most views? Any days of the week that are better than others?

Any thoughts/ideas are appreciated!
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
28 Replies
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: Prime time(s) for renewing??

i looked on my analytics on google and it said the most peope visited my site in the morning, and i have found that when i renew and list in the morning my items do have more views, i also beleive that more people are on twitter earlier in the morning. But maybe its just me, idk what other people have found
0 Likes

Well all I know is what works for me and for that google analytics has been a savior. It's a bit overwhelming at first and I definitely dont use all the features but I know that Monday-Tuesday are usually my busiest days and that from 7-9 am tend to have my highest visits but they linger in general 9-5 hours but I also figure thats because thats when I do most of my interactions on etsy...

BUT im only at (almost!) 100 sales and you've got over 300! You should be telling us what works!! :)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I may have a lot of sales, but I'm in over my head with renewal costs!! I'm trying to figure out the best times/days to renew to lower those costs. I find myself renewing TOO often and those 20 cents apiece really add up!
0 Likes

they really do! i was renewing A LOT last month and almost spit out my cereal when i saw my etsy bill as a result. do you have google analytics? itll take a couple weeks to really see your trends (and even then who knows) but it could help you figure out your peak times.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I was using G.A. for a little while, but it was confusing to me. I think I'll try it again though.
0 Likes

Can you tell me where I can view the google analytics? Is this an etsy feature? Please help.
0 Likes

unfortunately its not an etsy feature, its a google thing. I haven't watched this video but according the comments it was very helpful

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMtNwjsJtjo

Littleprettiesbycara: if you have a question or need tips on how to use GA send me a convo, i can try to help!
0 Likes

Well, I can throw my .02 in:

Since I'm based in Europe, I do multiple 'waves' of relistings.

I relist 5-7 items at 9:00 US East coast time (so about now)

Then I do relist another batch at around 9:00 West coast time

I relist a couple when I go to bed, which is early afternoon West Coast time and Evening New York Time

Then first thing in the morning (6:30 a.m. my time) I relist a batch when it is West coast evening time.

I've also started paying more attention to Australian time zones.

I set up my iphone 'World Clock' so that I can look see all these time zones in one view at any time.

I've got over 500 sales (502!) but I really want to get into the four digits :-)
0 Likes

I have only 10 sales since June. I have found that my products actually sell better at craft and art & wine shows. However, when I do the shows I hand out my postcards that show a picture of me and what I sell around my picture. On the back I have my Etsy site.

I also have my Etsy linked to google analytics. I see my site views go up much more when I share items in FaceBook, not just with my own FB page but also with the 6 groups I belong to in FB.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

here's the etsy blog link with instructions for setting up google analytics:
http://help.etsy.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/230/kw/web%20analytics/r_id/100023
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

and here's an article with tips once you've set it up:
http://www.etsy.com/storque/seller-handbook/etsy-success-web-analytics-tips-9200/

hope this helps!
0 Likes

My Etsy bill is about 10% of my sales and add to it another 10% for the PayPal fees. I make 10 renewals a day on an average, a budget of $2 per day. Is any of you paying more than that?
0 Likes

Quick question: Does renewing mean you list new items, or duplicates of items or does that mean you take an existing item and lengthen the time it is to be posted.

Does that make sense?
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Thank you soooo much for the great info! I was wondering how to set up the G.A. and now with all of your help have gotten underway.

I have found that my pieces sell so much better in boutiques than they do on Etsy. I would really like to change that.

Steampunk Funk
www.steampunkjunk.blogspot.com
~Angie~
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Once you have a Google Analytics account, go to Craftopolis.com I had a hard time making sense of my G.A. account but craftopolis sorts it out a bit better in my opinion.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I'd also recommend tracking your busiest traffic through google analytics. In the fall, I started listing items according to what google analytic said were my high traffic time periods. I really noticed a difference when I did this.

0 Likes
WonderlustPhotos
Inspiration Seeker

@kellyskeepsakes
I have g.analytics but I can't tell when the peak times are. How can you find this info out?
0 Likes

I wish I could believe that I can have total control of my sales (and destiny) but after google,ebay,ebid,amazon etc.. and 52 years on this planet I believe the cosmos have a much bigger play in things than anything else.I believe art is something you do because you have an inner drive to do so...you love it...don't let the $$$ ruin this for you.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

You should also search to find what countries are searching the most for your type of items. So GA might show 7-9AM EST as being a high traffic time, but if that also coincides with when you fb, twitter, and repost listings then it could be that your high traffic is due solely to putting your item in front of people on the east coast USA who happen to be at their computers. What you really need to learn is who is really shopping for your products and what time are they most likely to do their shopping. Then post your items at that time so you are posting when the largest market is sitting in front of their computers.

Did that make sense? I can clarify if I was confusing at all.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

ddfoto - once you log on, click 'view report', then on the dashboard page click 'visits'. This should take you to the page when it breaks your views down into a daily chart. Up at the top right hand side their is a little clock icon, click the clock and it breaks it down by hour.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

AFrenchTwist brings up a great point. If all of your data shows that your peak times happen to be the same time you are doing social marketing and listing items, you may be creating the peak time frame. Find out when your peak times are and experiment a bit....

I'm all for experiments. I'm currently running one in my shop right now. I listed 2 clutches on the same day but in different categories (Bags/Purses and Weddings) to see which one is going to bring in more traffic/sell quicker.
0 Likes
WonderlustPhotos
Inspiration Seeker

Thanks!!! @kellyskeepsakes I newed a few items this morning around 10am and received more views than renewing at the previous night. Thanks
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I do my experimenting, butI also do some additional research outside of google analytics. I use google trends, google insights, ebay pulse, etc. From this I found that Australia should be one of the biggest viewers of my site. Currently, they are not so I'm experimenting to see if I list at say midnight EST would it increase my views in Australia. Another thing I found was that the UK ranks first in searching for French vintage, but the the AU ranks first in searching for French country. I use this information to determine what items I'm going to list at what time point.
0 Likes

On a related note here is a great thread full of renewing insight! It is an older thread, but full of super great information! Happy reading!
http://www.etsy.com/teams/7722/business-topics/discuss/6390019/
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.