Former_Member
Not applicable

Please advise on shipping issue

Hello,

I would like some advice as to how to handle the following situation. I thank you in advance for your suggestions!
We shipped a package to a customer and FedEx says they delivered it. The customer complains she never got it. We filed a claim with FedEx and they denied any wrong doing therefore they are not reimbursing us . Now our customer wants another product sent to her for free. It is a significant enough amount of money that I'm not sure how to proceed. Should our shop cover all the costs for another product and shipping even though we already shipped a good one and FedEx delivered it? Should I refund her the money for the product and not ship a new one? Should I partially refund her money?

Thank you for your time!
Livia
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
2 Replies

Re: Please advise on shipping issue

I had a package stolen after delivery by the USPS. Luckily I did purchase insurance on the package, and there was a happy ending in my case. I came straight to this forum to ask for advice as soon as I became aware of the problem. So many people had great advice for me.

Here is the link to the discussion: https://www.etsy.com/teams/5002/etsy-success/discuss/15810975/

I hope your situation has a happy conclusion too!
Laurie
0 Likes
StuckOnSilver
Inspiration Seeker

Re: Please advise on shipping issue

How did FedEx confirm that it was delivered? What is its policy for things left outside a residence and stolen, ruined by rain, etc?

I noticed that you have customers' items in your update section. Do you have to give your customers your cell phone number?

Bev
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.