Former_Member
As soon as August rolls into September, and the summer here in New York comes to a close, I can’t help but think about the upcoming Holiday Season. Instead of searching for items for myself, I start prioritizing other people’s wish-lists. Since I usually don’t have a big spending budget to purchase items, naturally, this shift sparks a fire in me to DIY my holiday gifts, which in turn, inspires me to work on my Etsy shop.

This year, I’m going to approach things a little differently. Instead of prioritizing handmade gifts, I’m going to set goals around my shop. My goal for this year is to stock more items and create holiday themed branding, such as gift wrap and an updated banner, that I can highlight in my shop and in social media.

To help us achieve our goals throughout the Holiday Season, the Seller Education team has been hard at work compiling a great series of educational content. Lets start this Holiday Season off right by signing up for this years Holiday Bootcamp: https://blog.etsy.com/en/2014/register-now-for-holiday-boot-camp-2014/

Next, think about what your goals are for this Holiday Season and share them with us below!* A goal can be anything from listing a new item to reaching your 100th sale. By writing them down and sharing with others, you'll reinforce your commitment to them. Who knows, your goal could inspire others or even be featured in an upcoming Online Labs event with the Seller Education Team!

*When sharing your goal for this season, please introduce yourself and share how long you've been selling on Etsy.

Re: Placeholder

Hello everyone, I've been on Etsy for just over 1 year and a half and while it's not easy, I love the idea of people around the world connecting to my art.
I don't have sales goals but to be able to experiment a bit more and add more items to my shop.
I need to get in the habit of planning pieces better to be able to have a clear finished product. Sometimes I only have a colour in mind and then everything else looks half finished.
Anyway, I would love to focus on getting my store to 100 items by the end of February. I've had a large goal before but I didn't give myself enough time.
Now it is the time to focus and plan properly!

Thanks for reading :)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hey I'm Tanieya and my goal is to make my first sale on Etsy , list more items, and take better pictures of my work.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello! I am new in Etsy! I have a hand made jewelry mediterranean style, my shop is www.etsy.com/shop/MSwith love
0 Likes

My goal for the next up and coming year is to fill my shop with 100 items
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

My goal for 2015 is to have a new piece of my art to add every week and to start getting sales.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

My goal for this end of year is to reach my 235 sales
Good Luck!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

My goal is to get my first sale! :)

I've been open for 2 days. I'd love to get a sale by my birthday (3rd)...unlikely though.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Make a sale and bump up favourites!
0 Likes

Happy Holidays!!!!
0 Likes

Hi, all wonderful crafters! I wanted to stop by and say thank you for being in this group. Etsy is a special world and everyone in it is this world's miracle in making this place better and more beautiful. INGA Design Shop wishes you all a fantastic 2015!

https://www.facebook.com/INGADESIGNLATVIA/photos/a.139134596247729.27781.108421522652370/39321764417...
0 Likes

Happy New Year, everyone!
0 Likes

My goal for the new year has already been met before I even had a chance to post it! My goal was to sell enough items to buy a few more making supplies and still break even. I have, in the past 2 days, sold enough to cover the supplies that I bought in December AND the ones I need to buy in January.

My new goal for the end of January is to get 50 listings in my shop. Thanks for the encouragement and the place to voice goals and dreams and aspirations.
0 Likes

Love your items Ruth Rau. Talented lady.
Happy Prosperous 2015.
0 Likes
hopeandarrow
Inspiration Seeker

My goal for this new year is to continue with my sales trajectory even though a lot of my sales since I started have been from Christmas sales. This is how we are funding our adoption so it's important for me to do well.
0 Likes

Best wishes and blessings to you, Amy, from hopeandarrow in 2015!

My goal for the end of the year, 2014, was to make it to 150 sales, which I did in late November I believe. I had just made it to 100 sales the first of October, so I was very thankful. The last quarter was a very good quarter for me.

So for this year I would like to continue to be creative and add more inventory, which I have been doing since Christmas. I am trying to get ahead of Valentine's day because I was behind in creating for Christmas. Lesson learned! I want to continue to grow and learn in as many ways as possible!

Best wishes and blessings to all on the team for 2015!
0 Likes

Each of these pieces are the originals, completely unique and handmade by myself.

These creative and affordable designs are available in a variety of sizes and make unique features for any home or office.

There's rarely a day that goes by where we I am not creating or planning new projects .

Inspired by a passion for producing original artworks, alongside an aspiration to induce intrigue through interpretative features.

Www.Reformations.Co.Uk

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/209525540/a-handmade-modern-retro-abstract-glass?ref=listings_manage...
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

0 Likes
springdreamer
Inspiration Seeker

Hi all of you out there! I am Susan, owner of springdreamer shop. In reviewing my stats and income since opening in November, 2011, I am seeing some trends of mine that aren't productive. My best year was 2012 when I was selling a lot of inherited items from my mother's estate. My thinking was since I didn't actually purchase the item, I would price it at a reasonable (sometimes too low) cost to sellers.
Even with the research that I was doing, I was so anxious to clear my home of all the accumulated clutter, I was underpricing a lot of items. No more! I want to be competitively priced and yes, every email notice from Etsy saying
"Congratulations" on a sale was thrilling, I found that I was feeling somewhat angry while packaging the item and shipping it out.
I know that my buyers got a great price and quality item, but what was I left with???? Resentment!
Now, if it takes longer to sell a vintage item, I am staying firm on my prices. They are competitive and priced fairly. If a buyer wants to purchase one of my items, I want them to pay the fair market value which I base on similar sales on Etsy and the rarity of the product. I frequent thrift shops, estate sales, etc. and I see a lot of some things and not many of others................so if the price is fair according to "what the market will bear" and who are my competitors, I am staying firm!
No more giveaways because I want to declutter. I will store these items and watch the activity and stand my ground this year!
Dying to hear what others feel about your pricing stratagies.
Thanks.
Susan
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.