Former_Member
Not applicable

PLEASE, creatique my shop

Hello, everyone

Could you, please, tell me what I do wrong?
I have a big store with an amazing jewelry, but got only 30 sales in a full year.

Really need some advice.

Warmest wishes,
Rufina
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
6 Replies
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: PLEASE, creatique my shop

Do you consider only 30 sales a bad thing? I know many of us hope for hundreds of sales but it can take some time to get there. Jewelry and hair accessories are probably the two most flooded markets on Etsy. There is an abundance of shops offering an abundance of items. Some of the most successful shops in both markets have over 500 and even over 1000 items in their shops. Keep adding more items on a regular basis to stay relevant in searches.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

My only critique is to make sure that your items are not blocked in photos and make sure that the pictures are bright and the item is in focus. For example: this listing:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/154219292/beadwork-seashells-necklace-bracelet?ref=related-10

The model's arm is partially blocking the necklace and doesn't allow the customer to see it fully in the front. Seeing how it is worn is key, especially in jewelry. If her arm was angled down to show both the cuff and the necklace, that would be better and more appealing. The second picture shows the sets, but seems to be a little out of focus and dark. You can use the marco feature on the camera to make sure the item is focused and whatever photo editor program of your choice can add light to the picture with the "fill light" option.
0 Likes

SO gorgeous! & I have to agree with Porsha: 30 sales in the first year for pricey stuffs is nothing to sneeze at. I made a dismal 16 in my first year but each year's sales have tripled. I was told in the beginning that it takes 3-5 years, on average, to build a solid business. I'm on track to make this what i want it to be. It just takes a WHOLE lot of patience :~)

At first glance, I have to suggest that you title your products differently. Lead with what the customer is looking for when he/she searches. Like "Bead Embroidery Swarovski Necklace Charm Fashion Jewelry Drifting Away Dreams by DASH Art Studio (WJ8-6)" would become "Charm Necklace Swarovski Bead..." Ya get me? Do you know how long it took me to figure out that Very few people know what embroidery is and they weren't looking for it? Tag and title as if you were a customer. Put the 'how' in descriptions.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Continue to work on your tags and photography. 30 sales in the first year is still pretty good and not something that you should be down about. I find some of your pictures distracting. You need to be sure that the item for sale is the showcase and not the model or some other aspect of the photo. If the eye is being drawn away from the item you've lost the sale.

For me, just the first page of your shop is a bit overwhelming. There is a LOT going on and no one style of photography. It makes the shop seem a bit haphazard even though the items are in the same category. I think it would help if it was a bit more streamlined.

As far as tags go, I checked out a few of your listings and I think you could probably tweak what you have a good bit to increase the number of views you are getting. You use a lot of single words as tags. You should consider using phrases (2+ words) that a prospective buyer might use in order to find your shop. The words/phrases that you use in your tags should, for the most part, also appear in your title and in the description. This will help your items come up in search more frequently.

If you aren't already, be sure to add new items and/or renew items regularly. This will help to boost your relevancy...meaning you'll be on or close to the first page of search.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Your items are gorgeous however they are quite expensive so that's why you might have had only 30 sales which I don't think is too bad!!!
Keep up with the good work!!
0 Likes

With some of the photo's I don't know where my eyes are supposed to look
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.