Former_Member
Not applicable

Not selling but still encouraged

Clearly I need an audience and support. I see that I can be great so I've decided to work on my branding and presentation. OK, 1. I am blogging to establish a connection: www.penrosecalligraphy.wordpress.com
2. I have created a Facebook page: penrosecalligraphynotta@facebook.com

3. Joined local calligrapher guild and co-working forums

4. Prayed
5. Developing,improving skills etc
6. Struggling to identify the best way to produce and sell products. HELP!
7. Ventured out to see other talent and saw there was ( is) room for me. Yippee!
8. On my knees praying for mentorship, sponsors and positive growth.
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
6 Replies

Re: Not selling but still encouraged

Wow, it sure is true that you put in your best effort which means you're smart, you set attainable goals, you have an agenda to follow and you're a strong person. With that being said, it looks like you're well on your way to success!

Share your facebook page on Etsy groups on facebook as well as joining Pinterest group boards - join anything and everything to do with Calligraphy to get your name out there :)
(that's what I do with my adult coloring stuff, I join varying groups to network).

All the best :D
0 Likes

Congrats for not giving up! You have a plan and what you make is very beautiful! I am new on Etsy so I cannot give advice, just share advice that has been given to me. Try being active and participate in forums and teams, ask for help, play promotional games, promote yourself in social media. Make tags that meet Searche Engine requirements for your listings. Favourite items you like, make tresuries and enjoy it!

Best wishes!
0 Likes

Add more items to your store. Also, you have to fill in the item description using words that are in your titles and then use those same words in your tags. This should help with your SEO. Good Luck!
0 Likes
StuckOnSilver
Inspiration Seeker

Beautiful work!

Work on:

--photography. Your photos seem cluttered and dark. Look at other sellers making cards and look at what works for them. I resize my photos to 1000 wide pixels x 750 high pixels so Etsy doesn't crop the photo that shoppers see when they are browsing. Use all the photo slots.

--descriptions. I looked at this listing

https://www.etsy.com/listing/257563284/pamen-inspirational-card-set-of-6?ref=shop_home_active_9

but wondered about the size.

--inventory. This will come over time and as you design new items!

Good luck!

0 Likes

How much I can understand you. Well, the fact is sometimes we need good luck and review of what we actually do/does it really good. I've got 1 sale only but still won't give up!

"I've started recently", I say to myself, "may be my shop will need more time to be popular"

Good luck to you all ladies!
0 Likes

Penrose Calligraphy,

I think you do really beautiful work and have many really appealing ideas!!

After looking at your shop and checking our most of your items, I can't help but think you are just not getting found, in a large part due to your titles and tags. There is lots of good reading in the sellers handbook that I am sure you would see results from after implementing the full use of the these two. (eg. use all available space and match tags to title phrases)

I, personally don't know what DF stands for in many of your titles and therefore doubt the effectiveness of using this as part of the title or to be found??

When looking at a listing, I found that, sometimes, I didn't know what I was looking at because the first photo didn't make it clear and when I looked to the title for the answer, I was still uncertain. Suggest a lot more info??

An example for photo improvement, that I noticed, is in the "Pain is not Permenant" listing... I would love to be able to read the whole quote that is hinted at in one of the photos... but I can't find it anywhere , even in the description.

Wishing you the very best!!
Kim
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.