Need some critique please

Hi,
Started my shop in May 2015, had some sales but its been very quiet last 8 weeks. I get views and favs but no sales. Maybe not enough to convert to sales.

I need some critique to improve.

Thanks!
Martine
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
12 Replies

Re: Need some critique please

Anyone?
0 Likes

I am not sure i can offer much, you are in a better place (sales concerning) than me!
Your shop looks great, your photos are clear, different angles and aspects, all the informations provided the right way, your policies look trust worthy, so i guess it is all a matter of Seo and tags, which to tell you the truth look fine to me!
Add more items if it is possible (i also try on that section) or if you can afford it try to renew now and then some of your pieces to keep high in searches!

Good luck!
0 Likes

Thanks Penny, great to have some eyes on my shop. I think you're right about the SEO and tags, testing out some keywords already. Patience is key I guess.

0 Likes
StuckOnSilver
Inspiration Seeker

Hi, Martine, very nice shop! Add at least one more featured item so your shop's home page looks tidy. 15 sales already--you are on a roll!
0 Likes

Martine your shop looks lovely!
I too would add a fourth photo to the top of your shop. I'd make the titles & tags match too. Where there isnt a fifth photo, i'd maybe show the item packaged - someone might be buying for a gift & hoping for nice presentation.
Other Than that im not sure why you arent busier....time to compare with your fellow baby wear sellers,..compare prices, & see if you are doing anything different to stand out . Good luck! :))
0 Likes

Thank you Bev & Mirry! Much appreciated! Personally I think my photos can be better and more cohesive. I'm making some new items now and when they are finished I'm taking all new photos. Set u a nice wall for that :).
Gift package photo is something I can do.
About the pricing, I have to compete with US sellers, my materials are a bit more expensive here in the Netherlands. Struggling a bit with that, don't want to price like a hobbyist. Have think about it a bit more.

Thanks a lot!!
0 Likes
InspiredbyCotton
Inspiration Seeker

Love the look of your shop, and your lovely products. It all looks very professional. Maybe just some more photos and tags - maybe "Baby Shower Gift" or "New Born Gift"???

Stick with it as it all looks lovely.

PS I'm in the same spot as you are with the sales.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I have the same problem that Martine. I just sold ONE item. What I am doing wrong? Anyone can help me? PLEASE
0 Likes

Hi ropaDi!

This is what i would try hun....

1. Try to make the background in photos the same. Try white for the hats instead of black...i think the hats will look better against a white background.

2. Make your titles & tags match...use the same words/phrases.

3. Expand your titles. You can write much more in them, instead of say knitted bonnet hat, put purple hand knitted bonnet hat, & add more, try to think what the buyer would type in & choose those phrases

4. Give details of how to wash the item

5. Show a photo of item presentation...ie; with shop swing tags attached or in pretty packaging, this helps people who are gift buying

6. The top four presentation photos (directly underneath your banner) of your shop are all hats, but you sell other lovely things too, so vary the items in those photos

7. Include Spain in your tags to help local shoppers find you.

Hope this helps a little hun :))

0 Likes

Thank you Leanne, yours look very cute too! Got to try the gift title/ tags! Thanks!!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Your shop looks very nice, the pics look great and very professional. I was looking at this one and was confused as to what you are selling. I understand the diaper cover is being sold, but is it sold with the headband and vest? You may want to remove the items that are not included in this sale.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/235534785/diaper-covers-for-babies-handmade-of-100?ref=related-1
0 Likes

Your right Elizabeth! It's confusing, deactivated for now. Time to shoot some new photos.
Thanks for the feedback!
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.