Former_Member
Not applicable

Need some advice: I don’t see “Etsy Features” on my traffic sources list

I've been reading the blog posts on how to make my shop more relevant. #4 on this post has me stumped. http://www.etsy.com/blog/en/2011/etsy-success-shop-stats-insights/ I don't see "Etsy Features" on my traffic source list. Can anyone give me examples (from my shop) of what I am doing wrong.

Thanks in advance!
jessica
metroline6
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
12 Replies
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: Need some advice: I don’t see “Etsy Features” on my traffic sources list

Does "Etsy Features" mean the Etsy Finds email?
0 Likes

Hmm. I'm curious about this, too! I've never seen it before on my stats.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

any smarties out there have an answer? ;)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi, Go to https://www.etsy.com/your/listings/featured

It says to star the listings on your "Currently For Sale" page. So if you go there and over to the right of each item, you will see a star that you can select. It doesn't say how many, so you will have to play.

I was wondering the same thing and you prompted me to go figure this out. So now I will go play. :-)
0 Likes

the thumbs at the top, that's them.
0 Likes

The stars you mention Kristin turn green when you click on them and once you have clicked some, 4 of them appear as featured items at the very top of your first page of items for sale in your shop. (In the same spot as search ads but it is your items in your shop). This can be changed whenever you like to change and freshen up your shop.
0 Likes

Oh! Well, I guess that makes sense.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

thanks for the input but I don't mean the featured listing on our shop pages. I am referring to this blog post : http://www.etsy.com/blog/en/2011/etsy-success-shop-stats-insights/ #4. Danielle talks about how to get featured. I am wondering if she is referring to the Etsy finds emails or what exactly "Etsy Features" is referring to from this blog post.
0 Likes

Hi thaks for the tip on featured on the header of the shop page. Didn't know how to do it. Success forum is wicked helpful. Thanks fellow Etsians and Etsy Admin!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi, I read the article you are referring to. In the section of the articled titled "Top Traffic Sources Within Etsy," there is no actual traffic source called "Etsy Features." Etsy Features is referring to features on Etsy's website that allow your item to be found. These include your shopfront, treasuries, activity feed, views from teams, views from favorites, etc. There is nothing actually called "Etsy Features."

There is another box on the Shop Stats page called "Top Traffic Sources." These traffic sources are what bring people to your shop from somewhere else on the Internet. For example, Google or someone typing your shop address in. "Etsy Features" refers to traffic sources WITHIN Etsy that take people from one page on Etsy to your shop.

Someone Googles "handmade crochet scarf" and sees a link to an Etsy Shop. This = traffic source Google.

Someone searches ON ETSY for "handmade crochet scarf" and sees one in the search results. Traffic source = Search = one of Etsy's "features."

Someone is looking at a treasury and sees a beautiful "handmade crochet scarf." Traffic source = Treasury = another one of Etsy's "features."

The reason the article emphasizes Etsy's features is because it is important to use titles and tags to get found on Etsy. Someone people get their traffic from outside sources such as their blog or friends and family. There is a difference between being found outside of Etsy and being found within Etsy.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Aman- thank you so much for clearing that up for me!....and in such great detail! :)
0 Likes
OrangeDogCrafts
Inspiration Seeker

I have only been on this team for a day & I have learned so much!! This team is so awesome. I didn't know about this featured header in our shop either. :)
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.