Former_Member
Not applicable

Monday Matters: How do you define your clothing style?

Jump to solution
With no end in sight to the winter weather here in Brooklyn, I feel like I'll be wearing the same thick sweaters and heavy coats forever. I'm definitely looking forward to switching it up a bit, so today I wanted to talk about style.

I'm a jeans, collared shirt, and sweater kind of guy, preferably with some cool sneakers. I tend to stick to the basics -- classic and nothing too flashy.

How do you define your clothing style?
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: Monday Matters: How do you define your clothing style?

Jump to solution
While we're on the topic of clothing, I wanted to share a brand new article from the Etsy Blog: 4 Top Tips for Selling Clothing on Etsy

blog.etsy.com/en/2015/4-top-tips-for-selling-clothing-on-etsy/

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
It' so fun to hear about all of your different clothing styles!

I don't own lots of winter clothes since they're bulky and take up lots of room. I'd actually rather not even go into detail about my winter style. Just like Robert, I can't wait to switch it up - I'm tired of putting on the same ol' coat!

I recently took a dive into my spring/summer clothes to see what I've been missing and let out a little cry of excitement when I saw all of my loose elastic waisted pants. Not only do they ALWAYS fit after the food filled holiday season, they're covered in fun prints! I usually pair them with a simple shirt, chunky sandals, and jewelry from my shop.

0 Likes

Jump to solution
I recently did a massive edit of my wardrobe inspired by Marie Condo's "The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing." The idea is quite simple, only keep items of clothing that bring you joy, get rid of everything else.

Here's a related article about the closet cleaning method for those interested: http://www.luckyshops.com/article/konmari-method-closet-cleaning

Now knowing that my closet is a true expression of things that make me happy, getting dressed each morning is much more fun. Having said that, I don't think I have one distinct style. I like to think of clothes as costumes that let you play different characters.

0 Likes
30 Replies

Jump to solution
Modern classic? Pencil skirts, clean lines, no frippery, no frills, mostly shades of black and white and gray with bright gemstone colors (gee, I wonder why??). Audrey Hepburn updated for today's style, I suppose. :D

That's when I'm actually dressing - at home, I tend to wear blue jeans and t-shirts - either long sleeve or short sleeve. I've got three kids - one is ten months old - and making soldered jewelry does not lend itself to wearing nice clothes. Neither does soap making.
0 Likes
RomaMiaTradingCo
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution
My style is hot mess or thrift store chic (that's wear 90% of my clothes come from). Today I'm wearing a basic grey, long sleeved dress that comes to my knees, plus black and grey leopard tights and ankle boots. But if you would see the rest of my clothes!

I rarely ever wear jeans any more, I'm into different colored pants (I got mint, flowers, teal, black). And I love my giant sweaters and tights.

I do own some classy dresses that I picked up at the thrift store for cheap that I never wear. I've been waiting to go out somewhere nice, but alas, no one to go with and no money to spend. :(
0 Likes

Jump to solution
I'm a casual dresser. Usually jeans and jumpers in winter and linen trousers and t.shirts in summer. Im a potter so everything needs to be easy to wash and wear and darker colours which don't show the dust. I do love hot summers when I can wear shorts and sandles. Very, very casual.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
Style? Jeans & usually a t-shirt. Today long sleeves and cozy socks as it's "cold" here in SoCal today.
0 Likes
HoneyThistle
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution
I love jeans and hoodies/cardigans, but I'm most comfortable in shorts and a t-shirt... unfortunately the canadian weather only lets me get away with it 2 months of the year -_-'

If I was going to work, I'd probably throw on a dress because I hate dress pants and blazers...
0 Likes

Jump to solution
I'm a total jeans and sneakers kind of girl. I could live in t-shirts and hoodies. When I'm at home though it's pajama pants all the way ;)
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Housecoat! I work from home and start very early in the morning. Mid morning I take a break and dress. My style is preferably romantic. I like designer leggings and frilly tops, vintage skirts and zippers.
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Classic with mid-american and victorian flair. (if I had lived 120 years ago...)

Life calls for tees and tops for easy washability. Lol
0 Likes

Jump to solution
I dress by mood and feeling – this can be anything from frilly bloomers and striped socks to rockabilly dresses, vintage inspired dresses to doc martens and grungey nostalgia to subtle punk rock vibes…I also LOVE to be in my pyjamas! I have been genetically cursed to never be able to wear jeans…I think I am the only person I know that can’t wear them, therefore leggings are my BEST friend!
0 Likes
LeMava
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution
Well, I have a lot of skirts and dresses, I don`t like jeans and pants. Even in Ukrainian cold winter, I wear skirt =)

Well, I think my style can name like little boho, little gothic, little tribal. I`m in love with tribal and other statement jewelry (a lot of jewelry - really a lot!).
And I love closing that gives accent to my waist.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
Classic jeans and t shirt (never white though, because it guarantees spills) with random antique or otherwise fabulous jewelry.
I have a couple of retro/rockabilly pieces that I wear when I'm happy, and my old Blyer dance shoes (1940s look, super comfy) are my summer footwear.
hardly any makeup, because it's too much trouble to keep up. Plus I nearly always stab myself in the eye with the mascara wand.
0 Likes

Jump to solution
I have two distinct styles: work-at-home Jen and going-out-for-dinner Jen. Work-at-home Jen is all about comfort: sweat and tanks in the summer, sweats and sweaters in the winter. I like soft, warm socks and slippers this time of year - anything that is comfortable.

Going-out Jen is when I break out the pretty clothes. I like details: sequins, small ruffles, rich colours and soft fabrics. High heels. Oh, and jewellery, of course. :)
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Comfy, but put together... Well, at least I think so... LOL!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
I work in a professional, business setting so I have to wear dark slacks and a dressy top most of the week. After work or on weekends it's jeans and a t-shirt, nothing fancy.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
While we're on the topic of clothing, I wanted to share a brand new article from the Etsy Blog: 4 Top Tips for Selling Clothing on Etsy

blog.etsy.com/en/2015/4-top-tips-for-selling-clothing-on-etsy/
0 Likes

Jump to solution
T shirts, shorts, Sperry's.... and the occasional the one pair of jeans I own if I absolutely have to. Business casual Sunday morning. That's about it.
0 Likes

Jump to solution
I have a split personality look.
On one side I love the 70s so boho hippie it is.... jeans and made in India tribal tops.

On the other side I love Hawaiian influenced clothing....palm trees, hawaiian shirts, skirts with large bold botanicals. Depends on my mood what I will wear.

In Hungary our weather is not so cold so it is easy to dress in a bohemian style.
0 Likes

Jump to solution
I would say my style is classic with a bit of trendy thrown in to keep it current - and a touch of elegance to stay fabulous. Wear clothing makes you feel good about yourself - no matter what the style.
0 Likes
BetaMenswear
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution
Adventurous, outdoorsy style. We are girl and boy who run this shop and we both dress very similar, actually :) Buffalo plaid jackets, leather and canvas backpacks, well worn vintage Levis, some flannels or minimalist corduroy shirts and good leather footwear.
0 Likes
XZOUIX
Crafty Poster

Jump to solution
90s vintage meets contemporary minimalism. i define my self and the clothes that i make as dark boho. i love black clothes with an edge in combo with minimalist or antique jewelry
somethin' more here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/XZOUIX/about
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Give me jeans and a t-shirt and I am set for the day. To dress up I wear long maxi skirts. For me, it about moving freely and being comfortable. Flat shoes, no high heels on my feet.
0 Likes

Jump to solution
I have been putting together a Pinterest board on style... It's what I want my style to be like, when spring comes and I finally get out of my house. :)

https://www.pinterest.com/raquelmanuela/style/
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
Eccentric and depending on my mood I'll choose what I wear.
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Very casual style. Jeans and sweaters with boots or sneakers.
Fashion comes alive in the Spring. I'm beyond ready for the Spring thaw.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.