Looking for Help / Suggestions, very few sales and lots of competition!

Hi Etsyians, I just had my two month anniversary on the 1st of October and am seeing a very sad, 1-0 sales a day this week :( Last month I was managing to hit 3-5 a day, so I'm starting to panic now that I'm seeing things starting to slump instead of continuing to increase!

Shops like mine seem to be opening up every day and Im wondering if the market saturation is whats doing it. A new one opened just two weeks after me and snagged 3 of my designs, I'm noticing a lot of similar shops are a bit ruthless about that :(

I'd love some advice / critique regarding my SEO, photos, etc. .. what would you do if you owned my shop???? Any tips on standing out in the crowd?

Thank you so much in advance!
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
1 Reply
maydaylabels
Conversation Maker

Re: Looking for Help / Suggestions, very few sales and lots of competition!

In a saturated category, one of the methods of making regular sales (having a niche, in-demand product) is eliminated, so you have to focus more on the others.

There must be a reason people buy your widgets instead of your competitors' widgets.

Do you have better photos than they do? Do you turn orders around faster? Are your items cheaper? Are they right in the sweet spot of pricing? Are your materials exceptional? Do you have a unique method of production that somehow improves the product? Is your SEO better (so more shoppers find you than find the competition)? Are your descriptions more compelling? Do you find your target market and promote to them more effectively?

You don't have to do all of the above. For instance, our items aren't cheap compared to the competition, and I don't think our descriptions are all that great. We don't promote at all.

You do have to do something better than everyone else, though, or several somethings better than most of the competition. Otherwise why wouldn't someone buy from the other guy who is making the same product but eclipses you in all of the above categories?
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.