hipposdream
Inspiration Seeker

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow ....

We are Tuesday 12th March and in Belgium I woke up with 10 cm of snow.... WHAT????

It is a pity I had to go to work today as otherwise I would love to have stayed at home and take some great pictures.
How is the weather in your part of the world and does it influences your Etsy activities?

Love to hear from all of you.
Have a great day with lots of sun!!!!..... :-)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
35 Replies
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow ....

Saturday is was a beautiful sunny day here in Seattle, WA, then Sunday it was overcast and rain, Monday was rain. It's now early Tuesday March 12th, 125 am to be exact, I haven't looked out the windows recently but I'm assuming there's probably a light drizzle but I'm hopeful it will be a little sunny today! If it is, I usually take some photos of things I've finished so I can get them listed!

Have a great Tuesday!

~Felie
0 Likes

It has also been snowing a little bit in Ireland in the last few days, and it's very cold! It's the first snow this year.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I'm in the middle of the Sonoran Desert and it was 80F today (Monday) and sunny so I really didn't want to work inside at all. But Saturday it was miserably cold (55F) and raining.

At this time of year it should be around 70F but this year has been strange like a yo-yo.
0 Likes

Wow. I'm so jealous of anyone experiencing sun and mild temperatures right now. I'm in Germany and was shocked when I woke up to the snow this morning. Isn't spring just around the corner? We've had a fairly gloomy and snowy winter here.

On the plus side, when it's cosy inside the house, I do get more painting done. :)
0 Likes

fresh fluffy snow, soft silky snow, cotton candy snow

it's beautiful!
0 Likes

Lots of snow and freezing cold in Scotland. Unfortunately my trains are running and work is open so just have to get on with things. I wish I could hibernate :-)
0 Likes

forgot to say where I am

in Finland :)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Sun shone this morning but clouding over now. Sooo Cold. Somerset UK
0 Likes

Yep!
I'm in Belgian too and my Marc couldn't get to work (he usually leaves at 5:30 and that was in the middle of the snow storm). Our daughter waited for an hour in the snow storm for the bus to school, but it didn't come.
It is noon now and the sun is out, no more snow falling, but the wind still blows very hard.
Strange weather for our little country, especially in March, right?
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I wish our weather would make up it's mind! It's been between 50° and freezing snow on the same day here lately. Of course, Ohio is well known for it's schizophrenic weather. :P

I just want it to get warm already.
0 Likes

It's raining here in Massachusetts, US. We still have snow on the ground from last week, but the rain will probably take care of that. Can't wait until Spring!
0 Likes

It stopped snowing where I am in the UK but it's still really really cold! The school run was -1. I can't believe a week ago we were talking about taking our canoe out as the weather was so nice!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

All of the snow is melted here in MD, and it's raining now, with the temperature of 51F. I think Spring is coming! I like rainy days because I'm usually motivated to needle felt and knit in a cozy corner with a cup of tea, whereas on a sunny day I usually would rather be outside.
0 Likes

We had a sprinkling in my neck of the UK woods. It would have influenced my etsy doings, as I would have gone home from my full time job earlier if I hadn't been snowed under with paperwork. One of our bosses decided to pack up and go because it was snowing elsewhere, but some people with lots of work (me and my other half) had to stick around while everyone else merrily left.
Just hope I don't get any snow this time next month- I didn't plan for a winter wedding!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Lol - in perth, Australia, we have been on the other end of the spectrum, today we had our coolest day in months and it got to 28C, I have so been hanging for the weather to cool down its been high 30Cs, low 40Cs lately so finally we can go outside without melting!
0 Likes

Love this discussion thread, so many areas with different weather conditions. In Michigan (USA) it is snowing just a little and in the lower 30sF. Yesterday it was warmer and rain. Our weather this time of year can be anywhere from the teens to the 90s. It's a nice day to stay inside, get the fireplace going, and snuggle up and read a good book. Unfortunately, I need to go downstairs and make up some orders to get shipped out today. Oh well, that's having an Etsy shop.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Am with you Sam in Perth, finally cooled down in the last hour in Adelaide, South Australia, after 2 weeks of continous hot humid weather including the nights. Keep talking about the snow! We've been giving our dog ice cubes to play with to keep cool.

How spread out we all are around the globe, Etsy is truly a global village :)
0 Likes

Here in north central Florida, the weekend was chilly and sunny on Saturday, Sunday pleasant (no sweater or coat needed) and sunny! Today Tuesday the 12th I woke up to rain but still warm. Must say don't miss snow at all! Working on renews and creating new jewels and staying snug and dry.

Wish all a super day!
0 Likes
beatroad
Inspiration Seeker

Very sunny here but chilly. I love it. :)
Have an amazing day, everyone!
0 Likes

Oh, forgot to mention. Saw our first robins yeterday. That is always a good sign that spring is coming. Unfortunately, we also saw 2 mosquitos. LOL
0 Likes

Today I have woken up to a pouring rain... though yesterday it was brilliantly sunny and warm which was nice as my daughter was on a fieldtrip with her class to release the salmon fry into a local river (the are learning about life stages and have had the eggs changing in the classroom in a small aquarium). Definite signs of spring around here... tulips and crocuses are beginning to bloom.
0 Likes

I've loved hearing about everyone's day all around the world!

Gloomy and chilly here just south of Dayton, Ohio, US. Temperature currently at 35° F. Too bad it's not a bit warmer - but I need to go out and walk my dogs. They missed out yesterday because it rained all day. The fresh air will be invigorating. Hopefully I'll come back ready to work!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Right now its in the mid 40s and raining. But where I live it could snow,rain and be sunny all in one day. Weather man says it should be a little sunny by this afternoon. Maryland USA
0 Likes

We are getting rain today, and all day long, too. Ugh! It makes my 3 y.o. calm, but a day without outdoor exercise is hard for him. We, too had snow in March this year. Very unusual for my part of the country. I'm so ready for Spring. I don't think the weather has any effect on my Etsy activities. I pretty much do the same thing every day. Clean the house, work on my garden, take care of my children, and if there's any time left after all that, it goes into the business. I'm sure it will get better when the 3 y.o. goes to school in a few years. Have a super day!
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.