Labels

I'm just starting out selling skin care products, and whereas I think my products are really good, I'm at a loss when it comes to pretty packaging. My budget at the moment is very minimal, so for labels I just bought sticky labels online at OfficeMax, printed on them with my cheap inkjet, and slap them on the bottles. My printer doesn't print labels very precisely, so I have to play with it to print within bounds. It also for some reason doesn't print bright colors on these labels, and it even changes colors from sheet to sheet.

Is there a better way for good, professional, precision printed brightly colored labels that are cheap and which I can print/order in the numbers around 10-20 at a time? Most online label companies that I found have a minimum of 250 (some print 50), but they have very rigid label sizes, and my skin care bottles/jars are extremely small.

I'd appreciate any advice! Thank you.
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
5 Replies
maydaylabels
Conversation Maker

Re: Labels

Minimums are generally large with online companies; when I was using sticker labels and paper labels I printed them myself. What kind of printer are you using? You can adjust the settings on your inkjet, probably, to get a better print with more color saturation. One thing you can do is stick to b&w and non-edge printed stuff.

Moo makes stickers and business cards and little half-size business cards (we use the half-size ones) and you can split an order between however many designs you want, so that can be really useful. You could order 500 stickers and have 100 different designs/variations if you wanted.

But they're kind of pricey, esp. the stickers. They do have smallish ones.

0 Likes

Vistaprint has lots of options for printing. Personally I have used them for business cards, rack cards, pens, magnets, banners, tshirts. You can use their designs or upload your own.
0 Likes

I'm agree with Arlene, Vistaprint!!!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

0 Likes
KIVVERS
Post Crafter

If I were you, I would stop using the inkjet immediately! Most of those are water based inks and bleed or smudge when they get wet! (probably not good if you have a cleansing product)

In the long run, it will be worth your while to invest the money in attractive labels. Your label represents you, your shop, and the perceived quality of both. Ink that comes off on your hands will reflect poorly. Sorry if I sound harsh; just trying to be helpful. Good luck and welcome to Etsy!
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.