Former_Member
Not applicable

¿Knitter habla español?

Hola! Estoy buscando a alguien probar mi patrón, que ha sido traducido al español....¿Estás interesado (o sabes de alguien más, que sería) para tratar un nuevo patrón de tejer?
¡ Gracias!
https://www.etsy.com/listing/103113038/recien-hat-patron-flor-hada-hat-archivo
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
18 Replies
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: ¿Knitter habla español?

This board is not for self promotion, but there are lots of promotion teams out there that would probably love to see this!
0 Likes

She's not self promoting, she's asking if someone would be interested in trying out the pattern, because it's written in Spanish, and she needs to check if the translation is alright...

Stop with the self-moderating.. now we have non-Etsy employees moderating too?
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jucel, Why didn't you answer her since you obviously read Spanish. Is the translation right?
0 Likes

Because I guess she's trying to find out if the knitting instructions are right.... Even though Spanish is my fluent language, I don't know jack about knitting so.. Even if the words are right I wouldnt know if they make sense crafting wise..

I wrote her a convo too about helping...
0 Likes

Cool idea to make a listing in another language! I would have never thought of that!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

That is a beautiful hat. I would love to help. But, my Spanish is a little rough. Still willing to try.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I'm sorry, I assumed that she was trying to sell it to someone for them to try out or that she was offering to give it away (I translated the post in google translate). I just know that another board that I posted in got shut down for offering to give away a sample of their product that they couldn't sell.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

And also, I think it's a little harsh to talk to fellow team members that way. I wasn't "self-monitoring" I was just letting her know. Did it hurt anyone? I think that we should all hold each other to the rules and follow them. When I make a mistake and accidentally break a rule I want to know about it, as I'm sure many others do.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

No harm done, and I am not offended. A little tricky, if you can't read Spanish (like me!).

Thanks so much, for the offers to help! I will see who can do this.:)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

voy a preguntar a mi mami si quiere probarlo buena idea que hagas español yo acabo de incorporar un poco de español en mi tienda :))))
0 Likes

Its hard to read another language when there's no punctuation or punctuation in the wrong place... Translation is rough sometimes because then the computer thinks something completely different...
0 Likes

I am not a knitter but I speak Spanish. I would change your listing title to read:

PATRÓN de sombrero de recién nacido- Sombrero Flor de Hadas, Archivo Descargable

If you'd like me to help you with the description feel free to convo me with the english version.

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I wouldn't use PATRÓN. People usually don't write with accent marks when searching in spanish
0 Likes

Hi Tracy is quite "google translator Tarzan spanish", even there are phrases still in english.
I can basically translate it for you, I do not knit at all but I can try if you send me the original text because from your listing is very difficult to do it.
0 Likes

I didn't think we were supposed to list anything in any other language but English, since Etsy has always been that way. I heard it straight from Etsy themselves only a few months ago, unless it's changed all of a sudden.

And it is harsh to correct someone that way. No harm was done at all, was it? She may have made a mistake, but if she hadn't she'd have a right to speak out about it. It would hardly be fair to play by the rules and then have others come in and dance all over them - that's obviously not what happened here, but if I saw someone that was doing that, I'd say so, too!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Are there boards in Spanish for folks who read/write/speak Spanish? I mean when we're mixing languages in one board obviously not everyone can read or understand every post
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

OH, Peaches, maybe that is so....I will have to check it out!!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Well, it says that the listings need to be in the language that I enrolled in. However.....I have seen many listings that also translate the listings, as well as put them in English. So I don't see any reason why I couldn't sell a pattern in Spanish, listed in English, with a translation, for Spanish.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.