Former_Member
Hi team!

MARK YOUR CALENDAR - http://etsy.me/CalUpdate

On January 26th @ 11:30am (EST) we will be hosting a live session in the Online Labs around getting serious about your Etsy shop.

There are no automatic reminders for this session so please be sure to set your own reminder or download and print January calendar by clicking the above link.

Subject: How to Get Serious About Your Etsy Shop
When: Monday, January 26th @ 11:30am (EST)
Where: http://etsy.me/labs126
Who: Etsy Admin, and YOU!

To Participate: Share below 1 pivotal moment when you felt your business shifted into a higher gear and join us the day of to hear how fellow sellers are turning their creative outlet into a full-time business.

In the meantime, read up and get inspired about how you can get serious about your Etsy shop in Audrey's Etsy blog post: http://etsy.me/1yLR5q8

We will be posting an archived version of the video in the Online Labs ( http://etsy.me/labs126) after the live session. Please note that if you would like to participate in the live chat, it is only available during the live session.
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: Jan. 26 - Online Lab: How to Get Serious About Your Etsy Shop

Jump to solution
I am still new, but a pivotal moment for me was when I got my first custom order (for 10 journals!). I am a full time Mom right now but my Etsy shop is quickly becoming something I can see turning into a career now that my kids are starting school.
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes

Jump to solution
I realized I wanted to get more involved with selling my art on ETSY after I met a local artist who was killing it with on-line sales. Previously I had been showing in galleries and my own studio sales but after having so many galleries close over the past few years, I decided it was time to try the on-line approach. I'm in the early stages of loading my shop with various art wares and am looking forward to learning more on running a successful ETSY store.
0 Likes

Jump to solution
I've had my etsy shop for two years now but it has recently became clear to me what my customers want. I would consider that now is when I am really getting serious and focused about my business. It is the not-creative business backend that is my trouble and my goal is to try and get a better grasp on them.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
I really look forward to this. I just opened my shop 2 days ago. I'm not sure that I have any advice other than, go for it! I've thought about opening a shop for a long time, but never moved forward. I've been getting the Etsy success newsletter for months in my email but never opened them. I finally got up the courage very late the other night to hit that open button. I don't have much in my shop right now, but that will be changing soon. I'm looking to learn everything I can on how to be successful on Etsy and can't wait for this!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
The biggest shift for me was when my son left home for college last year and allowed me to dedicate 2 full days a week towards my Etsy work. I do work on etsy a little every day. But being able to put in 2 12 - 14 hour days a week has been huge. On those days I don't cook or clean... Just etsy and leftovers... It is great!
0 Likes

Jump to solution
My first sale happened during my second month of launch; I was so very thrilled to finally believe in myself! I took the Holidays off, and am ready to up my game with the help of the fabulous Etsy admin and community of sellers. Cheers to an abundant year for us all!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
This past Christmas season... once I diversified my shop and actually treated my store like a "real " business it really turned around for me. i have soo much more to learn, I can't wait
0 Likes

Jump to solution
There were three pivitol things that made me I realized my shop was getting serious:
1. daily sales
2. returning customers
3. double my income from the year before

I still have lots to learn and am looking forward to hearing what others have to share!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
New help and partnership!
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Thank you for hosting this! Can't believe it's taken me so long to find you :) I really felt the shift into high gear from the day after I made my first sale and committed to building my shop. Every review I receive and the thoughtful messages from customers encourages me to elevate my work. I look forward to learning more on Monday!
0 Likes

Jump to solution
I knew my shop was going to make it when the custom orders starting coming in. Now I need to expand this area and international sales. Look forward to Monday show. Thanks Mike T
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
My business has been ramping up very slowly over the past couple of years - but 2014 was about twice as good as 2013 in just about every metric possible. That realization has made me even more excited to see what we can do this year. :) Can't wait for this!
0 Likes
naturalgoatsoap
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution
The moment I realized that I needed a shipping area, instead of pulling everything out and putting it back away every order.
0 Likes

Jump to solution
I am so looking forward to this, it seems like all I do is run and usually in all different directions, especially during my craft events. So I am a open book and ready to take it all in.
0 Likes

Jump to solution
The moment I started putting a set amount of time, daily, that I wanted to put into my shop, regardless of how many sales I was making.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
My shop is newer and I am looking for help in getting it beyond a few sales and selling! Can't wait
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
The first time I got a custom order I was so excited! I would love to get more help in making more sales!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
The moment I started thinking of packaging and labeling my products.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
The moment I signed up for an Etsy account!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
The day I got my first sale..........and also learned how to link my Pinterest Board "Art That I Have Created" to my Etsy shop........this was a milestone to me. For a couple of years now, I have been gathering Pinterest followers without knowing why........but I knew it was something I needed to keep doing. Finally, just yesterday, I figured how to link them together. This changes everything!!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
Looking forward to it! The moment I felt my shop went to the next level was when I hit "open shop" for now :) Just opened up about a week ago. Hey, we all have to start somewhere!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
This is an amazig oportunity to learn and share knowledge! I am now starting to with my etsy shop and definitely need help! I can't wait! :)
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Great, this will be a good one! My pivotal moment was definitely last holiday season. I began to have multiple sales in one day and got lots of feedback from happy customers! I really began to see that my photos have the potential to bring joy! :)
0 Likes

Jump to solution
That first sale to a stranger was magical; and another moment was this holiday season, when a friendly postal worker nicknamed me "5 O'Clock" - guess I'd made it a habit to rush through the door at the last minute with my little packages!
0 Likes
MMacKenzieStudio
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution
This will be a boost for me, I am really very new to Etsy, so I am anxious to hear how other sellers have become successful! Thank you for for your seller support! I must say I am very impressed and pleased with my experience so far!
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.