Former_Member
Not applicable

I've made some new things and would like some shop help!

Hi everyone,

I am fairly new to etsy, I joined this past November 2010. I used to only have 10 items but nearly doubled this past month. I hope you all could check out my things and give me some helpful tips?

I had one lady tell me my pictures were awful and that I would never get a sale with my pictures looking so "washed out" any ideas?

Also, how could I get some more publicity?

Thanks everyone!!!

-Leandra
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
10 Replies
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: I've made some new things and would like some shop help!

They aren't washed out, maybe a little bright, but very clear. I only looked at a few, you do very nice work. Maybe try a different color instead of white for your backgrounds, I went to Lowe's and bought a few tiles in different colors, stone textures. If you ask you can get them free if they're broken or chipped on the edges. I'm still kinda new myself, one sale so far, but things will get better (crossing my fingers, legs, toes, hairs). As far as promoting, publicity, try twitter, Facebook, things like that. And again, I'm not getting sales and I do all that too. Good Luck!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I am trying facebook but I only have 44 likes. I would like to try Twitter but not sure how to get followers.

I'm going to try different backgrounds too, maybe that could help.

Thank you! And good luck on your sales too :)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Your work is great! But I agree your pictures are a little too bright.
I would also have a close up shot as your first picture.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I really like your bright photos and like to keep the background simple myself generally just white. I like the flower prop it gives me an idea of scale. I find that people also like a reference of how the jewelry will look on.

One thing I would be aware of is your listing for a really cute bracelet showing 3 different colors. I would put somewhere in the listing they will be only getting one or at least have one of the photos have one bracelet in it.

I know from experience you have to spell things out for people.

Otherwise I love your shop and your jewelry. Good luck!! I did not check out your tags but I would definitely add something along the line of boho, bohemian, natural....etc
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Thank you all for all your help! jewelcandyboutique, good point about listing the bracelet with 3 colors that they will only be getting one haha.I think adding those tags would be perfect. I usually struggle with tags so thank you for that.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I am a frequent visitor of the Free People site I look for trending fashions and words they are using for tag help. I think what you are making is right on key with this style and demographic.
I have been seeing lots of leather.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

One thing... when I went to your site I didn't see a banner. If you don't have one you should really think about it. It's part of looking professional or 'someone other people would trust giving money to'.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I think your pictures are lovely - consistent in style, vibrant and they suggest that your jewellery is very funky and fun. Your pieces look very youthful and fresh and I hope you get to your target market because they'll love buying from you.
0 Likes

PIcs are a bit bright but they're not at all bad. You're doing quite well in general. I haven't got many FB likes myself. Any tricks to getting more FB likes on your shop???
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

There are some great pre made banners for sale on Etsy. I used a gal who's shop name is weird tales. I love her stuff and she will customize it to your needs for a small fee.
Here is the link: http://www.etsy.com/shop/WeirdTales?ref=seller_info

I almost got this one, it was a little dark for me: http://www.etsy.com/listing/67873074/impulse-etsy-shop-graphic-set-make-your

There are so many out there to choose from. First decide what you want your shop to say to people and go from there

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.