Former_Member
Not applicable

I need some advices

Hello !! My name is Marina and I opened my shop last Nov 2014. I ofer woodburned ítems on different wooden supports.
I have tried to improve my shop, with good photos and I have worked on titles and tags.
I have added more ítems, but just one sale!! And this discourages me...
I don't know what else I can do.

Can you tell me what do you think about my shop and my ítems. Any advice will be welcome.

Thank you very much !
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
9 Replies

Re: I need some advices

Hi Marina!
Your items are great! I especially like the bracelets!

I experimented with expanding my titles (filling them up with multiple phrases) & matching them exactly to my tags the other day & have noticed a spike in views & sales in those particular items. Perhaps that is something you could try?

Also, where do you promote to get your shop out there? I think relying on people to just find your shop is one of the most common mistakes I have seen in the forums...daily promotion through word of mouth, social media, forums, etc. has been invaluable to me so far!

Best of luck!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Thanks Ashley!! I will try again with titles and tags! Always learning :)

And yes, I think I have to search ways to promote my shop out there.

Thanks a lot ;)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi! Nice items in your shop! But one thing - sorry to say - I didn't know what "pyrography" was or what "woodburned" meant. Maybe if you explained what's so special about this technique, it would give buyers a better idea of the value of your products. They do look appealing, though. Hope this helps a bit!
0 Likes

Hi Marina!

Your items are nice! I remember my mom took a class to do this when I was a little girl. I think you need to work on your pictures a little bit. I hate to say it, but a white background will do them more justice. The colorful backgrounds are a tad distracting and people might appreciate your items better that way. I hope this helps!
I love the bracelets too!

Cheers,
Aracely
0 Likes

Hi. I agree with Aracely - a more uniform white background - may help draw buyers in. It will highlight the details in your items.

Good selling !
0 Likes
HildaLea
Crafty Poster

I agree with Barb that having the word 'pyrography' as a tag in most items might not be best. I understand that that is what the technique is called, but how many buyers are going to know that and search by that term? As a novice to woodworking, I definitely wouldn't search by that word myself. Maybe leave it in some items and if you're getting lots of search hits, add more. If you don't get search hits...don't use it.

I looked at some of your items tags' and they could use a little work. Some have spelling errors (e.g. in this item below). "weddign ring box" "jeweler box" instead of jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/listing/222086286/engagement-ring-box-cats-woodburned?ref=related-6

Read a good explanation of SEO for tags. You don't have to have 'box' as a tag if you already have 'jewelry box' or 'wedding ring box'., etc. A tag of 'jewelry box' is relevant for searches of 'jewelry' 'box' or 'jewelry box'. Go through and delete tags that are already part of other tags -- that way you can include more varied tags to get more views!

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Ohh thank you very much!! Very interesting advices!!

I will explain technique of pyrography a little bit, and change my tags. You are right, maybe is not a good idea to put pyrography in all the tags. And of course I will change spelling errors , my english is not very good :(

And I will work also in my pictures, choosing a white background.

Thank you for your time and your advices!!
0 Likes

Hola Marina!

No me habia dado cuenta que eres de España! Bienvenida!!! Dejame saber en que puedo servirte. Tus productos estan preciosos y lo que necesitas es sobresalir entre toda tu competencia. Algo mas que puedes hacer es poner la palabra Pyrography con el significado en tus anuncios o el frente de tu pagina. Y cuando la menciones en tus productos puedes definirla entre parentesis. Haz presencia en los medios sociales y trabaja en tus fotos. Tambien trabaja en tu ortografia...Podrias poner tu computadora en el English mode y asi te ayudaria a corregir tus errores???

Te deseo lo mejor!!!
Aracely
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Ay Araceli, gracias!!! Sí, hay muchos productos con los que competir y cuando me busco, muchas veces ni me encuentro. Esto será que tengo que trabajar más los tags y títulos. Mañana mismo empiezo!!
Y a mejorar ortografía y descripciones también.

Un saludo muy grande!
Y suerte para ti también
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.