Wondering if anyone else is having this problem.
I haven't done anything different and everything had decreased extremely. I still work my listings, promote etc. everything I was doing before.
If anyone else has had this problem and figured out what to do, I will greatly appreciate the advice.
Thanks in advance,
Shelli

Re: Huge decrease in views and sales

Thank you Floriana!! I have added Personalized into my title and tags. I'm excited about the change I am making!
Sam, don't give up! I totally understand about being tired of trying so hard. That's why I turned to my team family for some ideas cause I was going in circles.
Start you a thread and get some feedback. People are very helpful in trying to help you.
Good luck to you and I hope your sales pick back up. I just know mine are going to. I'm not thinking any different, its gonna happen!! :-)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes

Just did a search for personalized guest book and out of 12,379 results...yours is on the first page! Good job:)
0 Likes

and personalized wedding guest book too:) You may want to try one with Personalized wedding book? Just a thought.
0 Likes

I know... I did that search to! I couldn't help but giggle. . You don't know how much I appreciate all the advice. I've took it to heart and making changes. Y'all are the best! I will add that to my title also, thank you!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I emailed Etsy yesterday and I told them how disappointed I am. I have been here for 5 years and I usually have 1 or 2 per day. September has been terrible month for me, sales and views have dropped 80%, I haven't sold one item in 3 days. Don't waste your money relisting items.

Their new "promoted listings" is a rip off! You have to pay them if a customer clicks on your item (if you sell it or not).
0 Likes
helgahutchens
Registered Buyer

I think seasonal considerations can impact views and sales, of course. But it did not help that Etsy has chosen this time to make treasuries prominent and to make the browse function a tiny obscure button that is totally lost in the Etsy home page. Most of us get the majority of our traffic from the browse section.
It is now number 4 in my source of views. My sales are down by about the same percentage that my browse induced views are down.

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Most of us get the majority of our traffic from the browse section.

that isnt correct, since only a small percentage of the 28 million items for sale here are even in any browse at any one time.

most get the majority of traffic from search.
0 Likes

I have had a huge drop in sales and views! I am so disappointed!
I am not sure what is going on but I wonder if it is some kind of experiment with search!
I have gone from 100-150 views (without promotion or re-listing) to about 30 views.
Usually when I list something new I get well over 200-300 views in my shop but last week when I listed new items I barely got 70 views that day.
What is going on?
The holidays are coming and I so want to sell and make this a successful venture..
0 Likes

I looked at my views over the past two years and they have held absolutely steady. Sales have increased a bit each year. It is like investing. It is helpful to look at the big picture instead of the ups and downs. It would be nice if my views and sales went up tremendously but there are only so many people looking for what I sell.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

In my experience I have found that normally means we have changed something in the shop, but we can't put our finger on what exactly. I then to try to find out what that may be. Sometimes It's a change I made a while ago, possibly even a month ago, but google has only recently updated the shop info. So you could have done something quite some time ago that's only just affecting you now.

Have you recently changed your tags? maybe titles?

try and think back and maybe you'll have a eureka moment :o)

0 Likes

Don't feel like the Lone Ranger Shelli. I haven't had a single sale since the 4th of July... 2-1/2 months! I'm doing nothing different either. I think

1) we're slowly getting buried by the masses of eBay sellers moving over to Etsy, and

2) something to do with how Etsy has revamped the site recently.

I keep wondering if it's a hint that they don't want me here? I haven't given up YET, but I don't know how much longer I can keep investing my time for not a dime in return. Actually, this will be my 3rd month in the RED on Etsy. It's a very sad thing. I don't want to leave, but they are giving me no choice. :-(
0 Likes

Sam, I've done nothing different except maybe retake a few photos and add new items, or rearrange my shop.
0 Likes

I have worked really hard at a lot of things in my shop, still have a lot to do. All the advice I received I took very serious and I have noticed a difference in my shop. I think working on my pictures, tags and headlines have really helped.
0 Likes

On August 13 my views/favorites/sales dropped 40% - this the day Etsy implemented another search test. This was not a gradual decline! It happened within 24 hours and I have not recovered since. Took me 3 emails to Etsy support before I got an answer. So I made a couple changes and gave it two weeks. Then another email and reply that did not answer my questions. Will email agai. As I have received good replies along the way and will hope for another. It takes persistence and I am not giving up. Without sellers there are no buyers - wish Etsy was a little more buyer friendly. Best of luck to all in this thread
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

September has been so slow! Fewer sales than this time last year. I wonder if it has to do with all these changes. I really hope they get it together soon, the Holidays are coming.
0 Likes

I too have had a complete dive in sales and views this month. I looked at my sales from last year during this month and they were way up. There is literally a chorus of crickets around here.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello Firends,

I am just 2 months old on Etsy.

I am getting 2-3 views daily only once it was increased to 2o.Where as others are getting 100-200 views on daily basis?

What should i do to increase my views?

Please help me.

Thanks in Advance.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.