How to make prints

I want to start adding prints to my store. I have 2 very large paintings that I want to have made into prints. My budget is kind of tight. I also don't want to rack up the price that much for my customers. I am just wondering what other artist do to have prints made? I live in southern VT where there are not a whole lot of print shops that do Giclee. What do some of the artist in this situation do? What advice do you have for me?
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
5 Replies
kzannoart
Inspiration Seeker

Re: How to make prints

Personally I don't sell prints but I do have notecards made from my art. It's a smaller investment and you don't have to charge so much to get your investment back. I wasn't sure there was even a market for my cards and I wanted to try it out. I had a local shop do them, but you can have some made on cafepress or vistaprint.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

For my art shop I use Finerworks.com, which will even drop ship your prints if you want them too, and you can choose from a variety of archival papers for a low price.
0 Likes

I do plan to in the future have cards made for some of my paintings. I love vistaprint and I have used them for bizness cards. They are awesome. I wish they did giclee printing
0 Likes

I ordered my starter kit from fine artworks. I am also going to try cards and calendars in the future from Vista
0 Likes

Hi Carley, I sell art in my other shop. When I started selling prints I found a local printer first. They printed on demand so I didn't have to buy an inventory, so I could order a print when someone bought one here on Etsy. Now I do drop shipping because I travel a lot and don't live there anymore. I use Fine Art America to make the prints because I found them to be the best price vs quality. I still get them made-to-order
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.