How to make first sale?

Hello Everyone!

I am on etsy about 10 years. I tried to sell OOAK dolls, Lather books, Scrapbooking Photo Album, Coasters and now I am trying to sell Customizable Vintage Art Notebooks. I never got a sale... I tried Promoted Listing. This brought me may be 2 clicks at all! I am total Looser on etsy :( . Despite I see almost all sellers sold many items!!!. How do I break through the wall of first sale?

Appreciate I you give me an advice how to make first sale.

Regards Olga
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
5 Replies
LeedsRadio
Inspiration Seeker

Re: How to make first sale?

You're asking the wrong question. You're not getting sales because you're not getting seen. You need to fix your photos so that when someone sees them in thumbnail form they feel compelled to click .. You also have a ton of grammatical mistakes and your titles and descriptions are weak.
Lastly you need to add more items.
0 Likes
ObjectApparel
Inspiration Seeker

Theres a number of things you need to work on.

First your notebook concept, and pictures are confusing to me. I also don't think that people what to customize everything about something. If they wanted to do that they would make it themselves. I think it could be cool to customize a kids name on a notebook, or a wedding date (for a guestbook). But I think the overall theme and design should be presented to them, and then just some text can be customized.

I really don't like how I can't see what the final product looks like. It appears to be a photoshopped version of the notebook. It would definitely be easier to sell if you took nice pictures of the actual thing. I also think you need to really work on the quality of your photos of the scrapbook as well. Photos sell items.

You also need to work on your descriptions, they are confusing and I don't feel like I understand the item or process after reading them. The best advice I can give is to look at other sellers descriptions who have a lot of sales and take pointers from them.

Your descriptions and tags are how people find your items in search, and yours are not good, so theres no way anyone would find your items. Use search phrases as your title and your tags. You need to really focus on making these great if you want people to find your items and get sales.

Next you need to finish getting your shop together. You don't have a banner, the picture of yourself is blurry and dark, and you don't have an about page.

If your serious about getting sales you have a lot of work ahead of you. It took me months, and endless hours of work to get my first sale on Etsy. Its not a quick way to make money, it takes lots of time and energy.

Good luck,
0 Likes
StuckOnSilver
Inspiration Seeker

Hi, Olga, your titles need to be longer, using most if not all of the spaced allowed.
All the best,
Bev
0 Likes

You can make the ordering process a lot easier by adding Variations to the listings, so people can pick # 1, 2 ..... or 8 rather than sending a message.
People also do not need to send you their address, that will show up on their on their order.
Do you allow the customer to personalize the "my Notebook" with a persons name?
This is a bit confusing "the title of the webpage theme" - not sure what that has to do with purchasing a notebook.

Most people will just purchase something they see and like. Asking them to design their own notebook cover is a bit too much work for many. And those that want to design their own cover will ask for a customized order.
all the best
arlene

0 Likes

Thanks to all! I will take it to my attention. Very helpful.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.