Former_Member
Not applicable

How to get attention outside Etsy? Is it kosher to post on blogger's FB page?

This is partially an Etsy question and partly a brick-and-mortar question.

While I'm pretty happy with my Etsy success, I also have my vintage items in a brick-and-mortar shop where I rent space. I'm trying to help them get the attention of designers and younger folks who love the industrial/rustic/primitive stuff they have so much of, including my stuff! Plus, I'd love to figure out how to get the attention of bloggers for my Etsy shop, too, so I really need to figure this out.

Lots of designers and design bloggers have Facebook pages. Is it rude to reach out to them on their pages? These are pages where no one but them ever posts, which they use as marketing efforts. So any post I make to them will really stand out.

I'm thinking along the lines of following them, then posting something like "Hey, we're your newest follower. Love your use of vintage in your designs!" With the store's website URL added.

Thoughts?
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
6 Replies
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: How to get attention outside Etsy? Is it kosher to post on blogger's FB page?

Consider joining instagram. I get a lot of etsy traffic from there. Tag your posts and your "tribe" will find them.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: How to get attention outside Etsy? Is it kosher to post on blogger's FB page?

Hm yeah, I've thought about that. Will give it a try!

Though I should note that I've done Twitter, FB and Pinterest, and I get very few views from there. Mostly I'm seen by other Etsy sellers, which is not the goal. :-(
0 Likes

Instagram is a great place to reach your target market! And pretty easy to learn too, more interactive than facebook. Also, try to find designers or trend setters in your city - check local papers, magazines for people to follow. See what they are using for hashtags and use the ones that are relevant for your items to connect your items to them. And reach out to those bloggers/facebookers that connect with you, share their posts on your page and comment on their content and they might just reciprocate.
0 Likes

Hi Mary,

I never found Facebook helpful for my Etsy sales at all. I have not done other social media because of the lack of response on Facebook. I have had some of my items favorited by dozens of people, apparently through Pinterest. One item has nearly 100 fans -- but I still have those items. I would much prefer one person who comes in and just buys... :-)

I don't have advice for you. I have been thinking about starting my own blog that could tie into shop items to see if that brings better results. A couple of friends who blog have promoted my items and although that hasn't helped much, I've been thinking that if I write more background about what I am selling, maybe that will reach new people and appeal to them.

Joanne
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

if you don´t have a blog already you could start one. since your shop offers home decor and likes you could post your own stuff and other sytlish things for decorating your home....
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

LOL, I started a blog last year, wrote 3 posts and haven't touched it since about October. :-( I tried connecting with other bloggers and had no traction. Then again, I didn't try very hard or for very long.

I'm a writer for a living so I admit I get to the weekend and I'm like, do I want to spend it doing what I do all week?

You're right though, I should kick my own butt into gear on that.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.