Former_Member
I am wondering if there is some wrong to either the quality of my products or the prices of them to prevent me from making the first sale. Could someone shed a light and share his/her experience?

CS
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: How long did you take to make the first sale?

Me too :( Yet to have a sale. I've had lots of interest from Blogs, people wanting articles. People wanting to stock my stuff. But no sales! So frustrating :( Good luck in getting that first illusive sale!
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I think your pictures will come out better if you use fotofuze, google fotofuze and you get great white backgrounds, I hope it will help. Maybe you can take a look at my shop too and give me some critic as well...
0 Likes

Two months. I've had a grand total of three sales on Etsy...but my shop is still a baby. I JUST hit 50 items this week...
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

lori, thanks for your advice
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

CS Zopher, I think your shop is lovely. The jewelry is beautiful and the prices are good. I love the light purple background in the photos - it really makes the jewelry stand out. My only critique would be to remove props from the photos. For example, in the photo of a bracelet, you have it looped through the handle of a cup - I think it would be more elegant to simply have the bracelet by itself.

Hang in there; the sales will come. It is so difficult to wait for that elusive first sale -- my first sale was to my mother, and then I refunded her money :D
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

*waits patiently for first sale...*

It'll come, from what I read it takes some work to get your name out there. Keep going!
0 Likes

As many of you have mentioned, certain areas like jewelry are saturated so it's hard to stand out. I love Treasuries and doing them has brought me a lot of traffic. I recently got a sale - though I'm not sure it's due to Treasuries, but I know a lot more people know about my shop through them. And it turns out being reciprocal (somewhat). Do treasuries and you get featured in them. I'm doing what many of you have mentioned and have just made my 3rd sale in as many years. I also have my main Web site and in-person sales. But my goal this year is to increase sales on Etsy. I'm not giving up; if you believe in your product, keep going and promote like crazy.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

i feel the same as the jewelry category is highly competitive
0 Likes

It took me around 3 weeks. I'd recommend trying to add more items so you can reach 50. My views and sales starting happening when I reached that figure :)
0 Likes

I think your shop looks wonderful, and your first sale is just a matter of time :). In the meantime, try adding more items (that's what I'm working on as we speak).
Best of luck, you will do just fine :)
0 Likes

I've learned you just have to be patient, be persistent and persevere...it does come, but definitely get around to other shops, circle ones you admire and keep on top of it. It takes lots of hours but I think its worth it, your shop looks great!!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

What a happy day today .................. because I made my first sale today!!!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

You have beautiful items. It'll come. Add shop sellers to your circle and promote yourself in teams. And hang in there.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I just saw your last post! Yeah!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Thanks. Hope more sales to come.....
0 Likes

My first sale was a week after I opened my shop but that sale was to my sister so I don't really count that. My first real sale was three weeks later. Sales for my shop are coming in rather slowly but it seems that others are talking about that issue too.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Very nice gift bows
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I made my first sale is a couple of weeks from opening. Then it was very quite for awhile. Then a couple more sales, quite, a couple more etc. etc.

I found networking helped with sales, a few strategic ad placements, and link ups to other sites such as pinterest, Facebook etc.

Like any shop it takes time for customers to know you're open for business, are reliable, and provide friendly customer service.

I think sometimes people think its different on the net, that stuff should be piling in to shopping carts. lol

I find buyers are just as particular online as they are in a real store.
(even more so as there is a great deal of trust involved with online selling).

Oh yes and don't overlook local promotion. Just because we sell online, doesn't mean we can't promote our shops locally.

You seem to have a good following. Your shop is nice and your pricing is very reasonable.
Like anything else, give it time and accept the ebb and flow of online selling
Good luck!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

first, BIG YAY on first sale! yayayay!

my first sale was about three months after I opened shop, and came as a complete surprise because I wasn't expecting anything (I only had the one item in my shop!). my second sale was nearly a YEAR after that because I wasn't adding anything new until a few months before the second sale. I've been a fairly consistent sale/mo. (on and offline) since then. I know jewelry is a tough market to crack on here, since it's so saturated. but once you find your buyers, and get your products out there, they'll talk, and your name will start circulating... and it will just keep building from there.

you have a pretty nice spread and variety though! I'm sure your sales will start picking up as you add more items. I'm trying to get to 50 myself and see if that will make a difference. :]

I've liked your FB page, by the way! so new fan here. :]

good luck!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

@televised and @alex, thanks for your advice. I have liked yours back too
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

It took me about 2 months to get my first sale. Patience is something I struggle with daily, but I think it something you have to have in order to sell online =)
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.