How is your shop arranged?

Do you customize your shops arrangement? If so how do you organize it, color, type? Do you think it makes a difference? I have the first page customized because I figure thats the most browsed page. I had it arranged by color but now I've been trying to arrange it by types of items to give a quick feel for everything in the shop. Just interested to see what everyone else does.
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
14 Replies

Re: How is your shop arranged?

Honestly, this didn't even occurred to me. I have placed the items on the page more or less in the order they were made or renewed. The only thing I was trying to avoid was placing two necklaces made from the same beads next to each other (although the necklaces themselves would be different anyway). Now that you mentioned it, I started thinking that maybe I should pay more attention to this. Which is a bummer, since I already know that I need to re-shoot most of my pictures, plus re-work the titles and the tags;-)
0 Likes
MoonkistDesigns
Inspiration Seeker

I rearranged my shop last November so that I had rows of items that corresponded. For example, a row of copper earrings followed by a row of stacking rings, followed by a row of faceted filigree-styled rings, etc.

Immediately, I was rewarded for the hard work by seeing my customers browsing more on my store and my view going up. I think that it is a great way to make your shop look more finished and pulled together.

My husband, after looking over the initial changes, made the comment that he could really see more of my taste in how I was grouping things and how I was displaying things...as opposed to a big pile of recency.

My two cents, and best of luck to you!
0 Likes

i put my best sellers on the front page
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Since I sell 3 distinctly different items - wood turnings, jewelry findings & vintage - I organize my shop the same way: the first pages are wood turnings and miniatures, then jewelry items, then vintage. Every time I make a sale or post a new item I move rearrange the shop (if necessary - if it is a wood turning item I leave it alone; otherwise I move it to the appropriate section of the shop).

Sometimes I vary from this pattern by leaving new jewelry or vintage items on the first page for a while - but usually not more than a few days.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I group like items on our page. I read a piece of advice yesterday that made a lot of sense to me. If you have a couple pieces from each section on the main page and your section titles show that you have more of that item, people may be more likely to go browse that section. I try to show a little of everything but also keep things fresh by swapping out items periodically. I tend to do most of the work on our shop on the weekends, adding new items and arranging things.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I didn't even know you could rearrange it! How would I go about that? I feel quite silly!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Don't feel silly. I had to ask too, I hadn't activated the rearrange link! I copied these instructions from one of my other teams:

In order to rearrange your shop, go to the top and click on your shop, on the left you will see shop settings, click on options under that menu heading and then click enable to be able to rearrange.

Then go back into your public shop and you will see the rearrange on the bottom left, click on that, just drag and drop, and then remember to save as you go along
0 Likes

I arrange by color. I see the page itself as a graphic so I like to maintain a harmonious look. I think it helps customers looking for a specific color as well, With them grouped together they are easier to compare side-by-side.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I arrange my items more or less by color. Sometimes I group similar items (such as business cards) together, but I like to show a variety of products, too.
0 Likes

I arrange the first page of my shop to be colorful with different design and type of material, different color of item side by side to make it looks like I have a lot of varieties of items (which is true) XD
0 Likes

I have mine arranged somewhat by color & style on the first page. I pushed my destash and Christmas items to the last two pages.
0 Likes

I like to arrange by color--it just seems to flow a bit better!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

My shop is full of a wide variety of things with one "theme" so to speak so I arrange my items so that the most variety is on the home page. I think that encourages people to browse.

Of course I added a bunch of stuff yesterday and haven't rearranged anything.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I usually do it by color as well, I think it makes my shop look nice and cohesive. However, sometimes I'll put my newest items or items that I'm really trying to push at the very top. I also change my featured listings frequently so that my shop stays fresh looking.

Hope that helps :)
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.