ManmadeKnitting
Inspiration Seeker

Fast shipping

Fast shipping

Today I gain my second order for May, I was so happy to see the order when I looked at my store this morning. The order was package and at the post office within an hour or so of gaining the order.

I’ve always thought about fast turn around and only sell what I’ve made so it gets shipped fast, normally on the same day if the post office is still open when I get the order.

I know everyone is different with people making different items for sale, just wondering how fast do you turn your orders around and get them shipped?
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
16 Replies
hooknsaw
Crafty Poster

Re: Fast shipping

Congrats on the sale, Kevin! We have an hour round trip drive to the closest PO, so we normally ship about 3 times a week. Within 1 - 2 business days.

This spring we started offering some of our pot holder sets as made to order and usually have those out in 2 - 3 days. Totally off subject, but offering the made to order items really boosted our sales and we plan on deactivating during the fall season when we are too busy to keep up with anything made to order.
0 Likes

4-5 business days right now because my work load is really busy for graduation and weddings and its mostly all custom. Usually 1-3 business days when I'm not super busy.
0 Likes
ManmadeKnitting
Inspiration Seeker

Thank you Lisa and Don, wow about an hours drive away.

Thank you Kristen, glad you busy with yours.
0 Likes
LeedsRadio
Inspiration Seeker

If I get an order before 4 pm on a weekday it is shipped the same day.
0 Likes

1-2 weeks for made to order items and 1-3 days for already made items.

The key is communicating with your buyer so they know what to expect. Buyers don't mind waiting for orders as long as they know ahead of time they will be waiting.
0 Likes

Congrats on the sale, Kevin! I sell vintage items and try to ship the same day an order is received or the next morning at the latest. When customers leave feedback, they often mention my fast shipping so I feel it does enhance my customer's experience with my shop.

Good luck!
0 Likes
MyLittleBlueShop
Inspiration Seeker

Even though my policies state one to two business days, if I receive an order before 3:00 p.m. I will ship the same day. If the order comes in after 3:00 p.m., I will ship the next morning. From the reviews, customers seem to like the fast shipping.

Congratulations on your second order for May!
0 Likes
RomaMiaTradingCo
Inspiration Seeker

Depends.

If its already made, and before 4:30, shipped out same day. After that, gets shipped next day.

If its a made to order, I have a 7 day lead time. I usually get things done within 4, but I give myself the extra few days just in case. Than I'll ship it out when ready.
0 Likes

2-3 days for already made items. 5-6 for custom orders.
0 Likes

I always ship within 1 working day.

When I do custom orders, I don't use Etsy's system. I just have the customer contact me, I make their order, get their approval, list the product, the customer buys it and, again, I ship it within 1 working day.

But I understand that not every seller on Etsy can ship that fast, even if they wanted to.
I don't have a day job besides my creative business and my post office is only a five minutes walk from my home (I take a daily walk in the morning anyway, for health reasons). So it is easy for me to reach this goal. Not every seller has this luxury.

I am located in Europe though, while most of my customers are in the US, so it is basically up to the USPS to deliver my packages in time.
It usually takes 5-12 days, because most of my products can be shipped by letter mail and don't get hold up in customs.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

My postal carrier picks up the mail usually early in the morning so I prepare everything the evening before. During the slower times I'll ship a couple of times a week but if its really busy I ship every day.

The only time something will go out the same day is if its an overnight package.

My shipping times are set up with 1-3 days and my customers are extremely happy with the timeliness of my shipping.
0 Likes

I think the most important thing is communicating your shipping times with your customers. When they know what to expect, they will be happy.
When you don't give them any expectations, they expect you to ship their order out yesterday...
0 Likes

My shipping time varies. Some easier ones take one day and others take weeks depending on clients event date. Big orders usually take longer. I think most of my clients understand it takes time so they always ask before placing orders. My reviews have been pretty good so far.

I am working with a client to design her party decor right now and it's been weeks.

I usually have my mail carrier picked up the packages daily.

0 Likes
StuckOnSilver
Inspiration Seeker

I try to ship the same day if I can manage it. My customers appreciate the fast turn around.
0 Likes

I also ship same day or the next day for items already made. Usually a day or two for me to make and ship all other items, except during the holidays! I think shoppers really appreciate fast shipping. They mention it over and over again in my feedback.
0 Likes

Congratulations on your order!

I am within 7-10 minutes from our post office. I keep all of my supplies on hand and only sell my ready made items. If I am home when the order comes in and the post office is still open, then I can do an hour turn around, easy. It just depends upon when the order comes in and when I see it.

Sharon
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.