I have seen so many sellers on Etsy selling mass produced jewelries from China. These are cheap jewelries only costs 10, 20 cents in Chian and they re-sell them for 10 dollars or more on Etsy. I have been reported this to Etsy, but it seems nothing has happened so far, and some of these shops have been selling mass produced fashion jewelries since 2010. Isn`t this against Etsy policy? Shouldn`t Etsy do something about it? This is unfair to sellers who spend so much time designing and creating original jewelries. I am very disappointed.
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: Etsy allows seller selling mass produced fashion jewelries..is this right?

I can't pretend any high moral ground, I love big chunky statement pieces, and have one of these bubble necklaces, in hot pink. I know I didn't get it here either.
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello all -

Just joined this team, and after reading this thread - I did a search with "bubble necklace" - omg - so many sellers selling the same exact design and item, and they are all in Shanghai! But what can you do? we can report and talk about it, but its just rough.
BUT - don't loose sight of what is important: we are competing and the most we can present to the world is our personal best.

(and yes, I totally take the prize of cheesiest pep talk of the night!)
0 Likes
LeChaim
Crafty Poster

Thank you for all your postings! I really appreciate it. I admit that It did ruined my Zen after seeing so many sellers re-selling mass produced jewelries for profits on Etsy. Since there is nothing we can do to stop it, and Etsy probably won`t do anything about it, I will just try to ignore it and focus on creating better and unique items .

Before I moved to Japan, I worked for a fashion jewelry company that imports jewelries from China, so I know how cheap they are, and I even know how and where these resellers on Etsy bought these jewelries from. I just hate to see Etsy is becoming another Ebay.

I am sorry about all the complaints and thank you very much for all your responses . I am going back to make more jewelries and learn how to take better photos :)

Have a nice day everyone!
0 Likes

There's a company who says they're selling Jewelry made in a factory in India and drop shipped from within the US. Their listing actually says, factory direct.  I'm sure if you search for factory direct you'll find them. Can you get any more obvious than that?

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.