Etsy Open Call: Now accepting applications

Hi team!
Are you currently a member of Etsy Wholesale, or considering growing your business through wholesale? I have an exciting opportunity to share! For the second year in a row, Etsy Wholesale is hosting Open Call, an event that brings together buyers from top retail stores and fresh talent from the Etsy Wholesale community. You could have the chance to pitch your line to a panel of heavy-hitting retailers at Etsy’s Brooklyn headquarters, and win a purchase order to see your products in stores this holiday season.

At Open Call, retailers will be meeting up to 50 selected designers, looking at their samples, giving critiques and suggestions—and, most importantly, placing orders for their stores.

Interested in learning more? Head to http://etsy.me/opencall to start your application.

For tips and advice from some of last year’s Open Call finalists, check out the After Open Call series on the Etsy Wholesale blog: http://etsy.me/28JWBn8

Are you planning to pitch your line?
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
7 Likes
79 Replies
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: Etsy Open Call: Now accepting applications

Hi Jessica, How are you ?i am new member to Etsy and have opened my store a day before. Can i still participate in Etsy Open Call and Wholesale seller review? Any Suggestions if its fine to participate as a new store owner !!
Thanks
Neeti
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi there! I applied last year and wanted to try again this year. How would I go about reapplying? The link I visited just thanks me for applying (last year). Thanks!
0 Likes

Great info, Thanks!
0 Likes

This is an awesome opportunity! I am not ready yet but I am sure lots of Etsy shop owners are.

Good luck!
0 Likes
NiciLaskin
Conversation Maker

Fantastic opportunity. I'm still waiting to hear back from Etsy Wholesale 2 years after making the initial application. Lol. Thanks for sharing. I'll be sure to fill out an application
0 Likes

Thank you for the opportunity! Same as fishcouple mentioned, I have to tidy up some of the business end of things with my products before I am ready.

Good luck to all applicants!
0 Likes

What a wonderful opportunity! Thank you!
0 Likes

Great opportunity!
0 Likes

looking over the businesses that were accepted and their ideas was awesome. So glad to hear about this.
0 Likes

Thanks for bringing up the topic of the new "open call" Jessica. Do you need to already be approved for Etsy Wholesale to pitch via Instagram? I read the NiciLaskin shop comment above that their shop is still waiting for the Etsy Wholesale application to be processed and it's been 2 years? Is it too late to apply for this year's "open call" then?
0 Likes

Thanks for the reminder about open call. I am working on getting my shop wholesale ready and plan to apply next year.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Great opportunity! I'm closing up my ETSY shop, but I would've definitely been interested
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

sounds like an amazing opportunity! good luck to all! when will the finalists be announced?
0 Likes

Magna Carta from MagnaCartaDigitalArt says:

Thanks for bringing up the topic of the new "open call" Jessica. Do you need to already be approved for Etsy Wholesale to pitch via Instagram? I read the NiciLaskin shop comment above that their shop is still waiting for the Etsy Wholesale application to be processed and it's been 2 years? Is it too late to apply for this year's "open call" then?

Hi Magna Carta! You can still apply if you aren't already approved for Etsy Wholesale. However, the final selected designers must be accepted wholesale members. If you're interested in applying to Open Call, you could re-apply to Etsy Wholesale as well. You'll find a link to do so on the Open Call page: https://www.etsy.com/wholesale/opencall
0 Likes

Krista White from WhiteRibbonDesigns says:

sounds like an amazing opportunity! good luck to all! when will the finalists be announced?

Hi Krista! The Etsy Wholesale team is planning to notify selected finalists on July 25.
0 Likes

Julie Musgrove from JulemiJewelry says:

Hi there! I applied last year and wanted to try again this year. How would I go about reapplying? The link I visited just thanks me for applying (last year). Thanks!

Hi Julie! That's strange! Here's a link directly to the application form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1ZwiekDndHXXRjh181hdOLRbHiHLcT94SsTfLzjNeGWI/viewform Let me know if you're still seeing that message and I'll let the appropriate team know. Thanks!
0 Likes

Thanks for the response, Jessica. I have never applied to Etsy Wholesale. I am now very tempted since the Cooper Hewitt Museum is one of the Open Call participants. I just checked and there is still time to figure out everything (like Instagram!) so I will put it on my to-do list.

0 Likes

can't wait sound great!!
0 Likes

This seems like a great opportunity for my brand! Will definitely apply! Thank you so much for sharing :)

0 Likes

Applied - thank you!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

This seems like a great way for new businesses to get some national attention. I looked at the fees involved, and I just can't afford to wholesale this way. I would need to completely overhaul my wholesale price list, raise my prices for current stores, etc. to cover the costs. I've been wholesaling for 20 years, and would love the opportunity to pitch my product to these retailers, unfortunately, it just won't work for me. Good luck to everyone who is selected.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I just opened my shop three days ago. I am not quite ready for wholesale, but I think next year I will try.
0 Likes

This is my goal - someday soon :)
0 Likes
TanzaScrubCaps
Inspiration Seeker

Definitely one of my goals. Thanks for the info. Good luck to the finalists. Beautiful choices.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.