MyPapercutForest
Community Member

Etsy Insights: Support from the community

Hi, I’m Silvina, a captain of the Brighton Etsy Sellers team. I’m a paper artist and my shop is mypapercutforest.etsy.com. I’m obsessed with gardening and miniatures and I was once a roller skating champion!

For today’s Etsy Insight, I want to talk about Etsy Teams! I've found that being part of an Etsy Team is one of the best parts of being on Etsy. When I moved cities a couple of years back the first thing I did was to join the local Etsy Team, and now I’m lucky enough to be leading it. Anyway, enough about me... here are my tips for making the most of Etsy teams:

- Look for a team in your area: You can search by location, or by team name (for example, my beloved Brighton Sellers team)

- Join the team and participate in the conversation. Some teams run monthly meet-ups in person or online (we do both!) which offers a great chance to network.

- There are also often opportunities to be a vendor at in-person markets. These are real-world events that let you sell your products directly to customers and connect with other makers. 

- I've found that the Etsy community is really supportive. If you have a question (like a problem with a lost parcel), the community space is a great place to get advice from experienced sellers.

- Create your own team. If you don't have a team in your area, why not start one yourself?? You may be surprised at how many sellers in your area will benefit from the support. Many people who run small businesses are working alone most of the time, and a team can help foster new friendships and business connections!

Was there a time where you received support or help from another Etsy seller? Share your stories below!

28 Likes
11 Replies
PartynWithPlants
Community Member

Re: Etsy Insights: Support from the community

Great article, thank you! I want to get more involved with Teams. 

1 Like
Mellisthete
Community Member

Great advice! Also,its a wonderful way to make new friends.

0 Likes
AKArtItalia
Registered Member

Rif.: Etsy Insights: Support from the community

Salve a tutti, io sono Alex e scrivo questo messaggio perché ho provato a fare una ricerca dei miei prodotti nel sito ma a quanto pare anche utilizzando più parole chiave di ricerca i miei prodotti non vengono visualizzati nella ricerca.. il mio negozio e akartitalia ma non viene trovato nè il negozio ne n prodotti! Chiedo cortesemente se può aiutarmi qualcuno a capire.. grazie in anticipo

0 Likes
NoMadsPhotography
Community Member

Rif.: Etsy Insights: Support from the community

Ciao,

ti rispondo anche se sono nuova perché forse sono l'unica a parlare l'Italiano da queste parti ;)

La tua storia è molto bella e commovente e spero sinceramente che il tuo negozio abbia successo. Anche i tuoi dipinti sono belli.

Non so perché il nome del tuo negozio non venga fuori nelle ricerche, quello che importa però è che che vengano fuori i prodotti e credo che tu stia sbagliando l'approccio per i titoli che non devono essere la tua "marca" ma una descrizione di quello che la gente potrebbe cercare, possibilmente in inglese. Tipo: Art Cushion, Handmade Painted Sofa Pillow, Abstract Art Cushion Cover, 30x40 Green Cushion Cover (tutto in un titolo). In più, sat usando pochissime tags e tutte in Italiano. Ne hai 13 a disposizione e anche qui puoi usare più parole in ogni tag fino a 20 caratteri totali per tag. Hai dato un'occhio a questa guida? https://www.etsy.com/seller-handbook/article/the-ultimate-guide-to-etsy-search/366469415790

In più, farei una ricerca approfondita sui prodotto concorrenti che hanno più successo e studierei bene cosa hanno fatto (titoli, categorie, descrizioni, foto, prezzi, tutto!) Prova a partire da questa ricerca: "art cushion"

In bocca al Lupo!

0 Likes
KoyalKapilla
Community Member

Thank you so much for your information.  I am new to this in little New Zealand.  Love your shop.  Kindest regards Koyal 

0 Likes
Nafsika
Community Member

Hello, been a part of etsy since 2008 and part of a team almost ever since... teams are a essential key to growing your shop, getting support and  meeting like minded people! 🥰

2 Likes
BeachFleaMarket
Community Member

I also enjoy being a part of a team. Many people, including myself felt disconnected from teams when the format changed. First I couldn't even find the teams then when I did find them, the threads were all out of order. I could not find the most recent threads. I became discouraged and just hung out in the forums instead. Not checking my 5 teams. I do not subscribe to the threads so I do not receive emails from them.

I am a team leader for my local community team. I can't remember the last time I received a request to become a member.

I also belong to Craft Fairs It's A Living. This team is active and has over 9000 members. The captain has left Etsy. Several members stepped forward to become captain but the former captain did not appoint a new one. There are no team leaders either. The team goes on but needs a leader. I requested to join another team but the captain died several years ago.

I really want teams to thrive. I hope that your conversation helps with this.

0 Likes
HoppingChidiya
Community Member

Hello

Thanks for sharing these insights.. yes its a great way to be in touch and support each other. Great!

1 Like
BeautifulChaosandCo
Community Member

I’m extremely new to all of this but have been told for years to sell my crafty items. Any help I can get, and any friends I can make along the way, would be great! 

0 Likes
Cabreraillustrations
Community Member

Thank you for this information! I am very new to the Etsy seller world. Just opened up my shop last week of October so no support yet but would LOVE to have some. I need a bit of a morale boost ! 

1 Like

Thank you 😊 

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.