Former_Member
Not applicable

Dropping views :(

My views seem to be slowly dropping! :( .. in spite of posting in promotion threads, working on my Tags, adding a new item each day and even re-photographing some items.

Can anyone take a look at my shop and tell me if I'm obviously doing something wrong? Is my shop too.. mixed up with different kind of items? I have had 12 sales in a little over two months -- is that a good number? I'm not sure what to expect.

My beginners luck is starting to fade, I think! ....Any tips on how to improve further will be really helpful!

Thanks in advance!
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
1 Reply
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: Dropping views :(

Guarie,
You have some very pretty items in your shop! I looked at some of your tags and they could use a little work. Please remember that as sellers get closer to buying, they narrow their results down by using more specific keywords. This usually means that they are using phrases. Etsy's relevency search places a lot of weight on the first 3 words of your title and your tags. With tags, it will pick those items whose tags most closely matches what the buyer typed in. Single words as a tag isn't adviseable because etsy places more weight on tags with multiple words or a phrase that matches the query, instead of stringing words together.
I could write you another 20 paragraphs about this, but I suggest that you join an SEO team that can help you with one item and teach you how to do it with the rest of your items. They will not only help you optimize for Etsy, but Google and other search engines as well.
Best of luck :)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.