Former_Member
Not applicable

Does anyone know how I could sort the order of items in my shop?

Hi all
I would like to sort my listings by category (jewelry sets, earrings, bracelets, etc.) and also sort them within their categories but I haven't been able to discover how to do that. The home page seems to offer "most recent", "most expensive", and so on but no mention of other ways to accomplish sorting. Can anyone help?

Thank you so much,
Mary Ellen
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
11 Replies

Re: Does anyone know how I could sort the order of items in my shop?

The only thing I can suggest is to "Rearrange Your Shop" and group your sets, earrings, bracelets, etc. together. It is time consuming, but helps organize your items and offers a good selection to prospective customers.

Other than that, I do not know. I do not believe that sections allow for any subsections.

Anybody?
0 Likes
GoldenTwinClasps
Inspiration Seeker

No, there are no subsections. But you can add another section.
You could break down your "Jewelry Sets" by type of bead (like "Pearl") or style. Most people don't like to click on too many pages.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Thank you both -
Maria - I am not sure what you mean by "rearrange your shop". How would I do that? I can't find a way to choose what listing shows up at the top of my shop. It just seems to be whatever I've listed most recently...

I don't want to break down "jewelry sets" into categories but I would like all the sets to be next to each other and not mixed up with bracelets and earrings...
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Mary Ellen,

If you go to your shop's homepage, there will be a button on the left side about 1/2 way down that says "rearrange your shop". If you click on it, you can then click and drag thumbnail photos of the items in your shop to move them to different pages and different spots on the same page. I hope this helps. Best of luck. :)
0 Likes

What Mary Ellen said, but first you will have to activate the “Rearrange your Shop” feature.

To do so:

1. At the top of your Shop’s page, click on “Your Shop”
2. On the left column, place your cursor on “Shop Settings” and slide to the right and click on “Options”.
3. At the very top of that screen you will see “Rearrange your Shop”.
4. Click on “Enable”.
5. Go to the bottom of that page and click on “Save”.
6. Now you can go to your Shop’s front page and at the very bottom on the left you will find “Rearrange your Shop”. Click on that link.
7. Using your mouse “click on and grab” any icon and move it around at will. You can also move those icons from page to page.
8. Do not forget to click on “Save Changes” when you are done.

This way, you can put your sets together, or put your items by color, type, etc. and it makes for a nice and coherent presentation for the viewer.

You have to enable “Rearrange your Shop” just one time. It will remain on that mode until you decide to change to “Disable”.

I hope this helps.
0 Likes

Oh, I meant to say "What Annie said" in my previous message. Sorry about that...and the day is just starting!
0 Likes

Mary Ellen said: “I can't find a way to choose what listing shows up at the top of my shop. It just seems to be whatever I've listed most recently...”

To have selected items (up to four) appear at the top of your first page, you will have to:

1. Click on “Your Shop”, from the drop down menu place your cursor on “Listings” and slide to “Listings Manager” – click on “Listings Manager”.
2. On your listings page, click on the gray star of any listing that you want to “Feature”.
3. You can click on many, but only the first four will appear at the top of your first page. If you select more than four, when one of four is sold, the next “featured” item will appear at the top, replacing it.

I am not sure what is the criteria, I have not experimented with this. Maybe they go by the older listings, or newer listings or maybe by the stars you clicked on first. When you want to change “Featured” items, you can just go back to Listings Manager and click on the yellow stars again to gray them out and deactivate that feature.
0 Likes
HoneyThistle
Inspiration Seeker

One little tidbit to add to what Maria wrote about the featured listings that appear first in your shop:

You can control which 4 items you want to show at a time by clicking the tiny text "Manage" that's right next to the words "Featured Listings" on the left hand column in your Listing Manager page. This is done only after you have already clicked the star next to the items you want to feature. That way you don't have to go around clicking certain listings first, last, etc.
0 Likes

Thanks Wei! I did not know that.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Thank you all! I am fairly new to this and needed the "step by step" of how this works. I'm in the midst of listing some earrings (While I have 2+ feet of snow outside) but will give all of this a try very soon.

The Etsy community has been extremely helpful whenever I have a question and it is much appreciated.
0 Likes

Good luck and stay warm!
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.