Do people use 'gift for...' 'hostess gift', 'bridesmaid gifts' etc. in their tag and titles? Do they work?

Hi everyone,

Just hoping I can ask peoples opinions on using 'gifts for' in their tags and titles. I'm refreshing my listings and am unsure whether it's worth using some for 'gifts for her', 'hostess gift' and things like that. Do people find many customers find their listing through using these terms? Or is it worth using the tags for less generic and more item specific terms? Like actually what the item is rather than the gift it could be?

I know tags and tiles are such a nightmare with no hard and fast rules apply, but anything anyone could offer would be much appreciated,

Thanks, Cat
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
5 Replies

Re: Do people use 'gift for...' 'hostess gift', 'bridesmaid gifts' etc. in their tag and titles? Do they work?

Well I know I have used the word 'Gift' quite a few times, and I just checked 6 pages of my top key words for the last week and it wasn't there. I will do a little more research....=)
0 Likes

Re: Do people use 'gift for...' 'hostess gift', 'bridesmaid gifts' etc. in their tag and titles? Do they work?

I just checked the stats for an apron I sold in the last 7 days. The buyer specifically said she was buying it to host a bridal shower. I have "hostess apron" in the tags and in the title. (I haven't had time to change any of my listings to include the new "attributes" due to preparing & filing taxes...)

BUT, according to the stats for this specific apron, NO ONE searched for hostess apron, or bridal shower, or gifts for her. Stats show that the apron WAS found by searching for Valentine's Day apron. (Which IS in my title and tags...)

I don't know what to tell you about using the generic tags like you mentioned. I have a few of those generic tags sprinkled throughout my listings, but I tend to try to use tags describing the item, and tags which also seem to be used to find my shop/item most often according to my stats.
0 Likes

We've actually been hit up several times in search with "gift for" ie "gift for dad" "gift for mom" "gift for student".
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I have "gift" in some of my older tags but I haven't found them to bring in many hits. That said while my items could be used for gifts, its probably not the first thing people would select as a gift so that may be part of the problem.
0 Likes

I've been using the keywords "gift for a bride" and "bridal shower gift" and according to my stats they've brought some views. I've tried using "gifts for her" but have yet to see that anyone found me by that search.
I'd suggest testing a specific keyword on a couple of items & see if you're getting views with those words :)
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.