Cupcake topper prices?

Hi all,

Do you think my cupcake topper prices are too low? I just changed them from $3.00 / dozen to $3.50 / dozen.

I felt that mine were more plain than other people's so I priced them lower (also, there are 2 stores in particular that are selling them cheaper then me) but now I'm not sure. I think they look cute and I would make them and use them myself but it's just the amount of time they take to make.

This is my 3rd order for them since the weekend and I'm almost kicking myself. They take a long time for me to cut and glue - lots of work for $3.50!

I did change my processing time to 3-5 days, though. I thought I had done that the other day but I guess when you change the shipping profile, it does not automatically update the items that have that shipping profile - you have to reapply it each time (right?)

Thanks!
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
6 Replies

Re: Cupcake topper prices?

Your prices are way too low. Don't sell yourself short.

I considered making them for my shop. I started making a set a couple of weeks ago and the first one looked so bad I scrapped the whole project. (it looked like a 5 year old made it - LOL) After my one attempt I realized they're not going to be the quick project I thought they'd be. I also researched prices and *if* I decide to make and sell them I'll charge in the $10 range for a dozen.
0 Likes

I've found when it comes to paper crafts, the supplies are fairly inexpensive considering you can do a lot with a single sheet of cardstock. You need to price your item based on the time spent making it.

Just an FYI, I just took a peek at one of your listings. You need to research the new international shipping rates. Yours are way too low and you're going to lose money if you get an overseas sale.
0 Likes

thanks judy! i feel like all i've been doing lately is upping my shipping costs...
0 Likes

also, judy - are you using a cricut to cut your items?
0 Likes

If you are using a cricut it shouldn't be much work, but even $5.00 a dozen would work. :)
0 Likes

I have a Silhouette and a lot of paper punches. I make a lot of my own patterns for my machine so there's also computer time involved with some of the items in my shop. I'm sure I don't charge enough for some of my listings.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.