Contact people who favorite your items?

Do you contact individuals who favorite one of you items who is not a team member? Do you find that potential customers respond to that kind of contact or does that seem annoying to them? (like spamming people)?

Just wondering. THanks. Jeanie
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
14 Replies
ObjectApparel
Inspiration Seeker

Re: Contact people who favorite your items?

I think it seems a little desperate… and like a lot of work. I don't think it would be worth it.
0 Likes
maydaylabels
Conversation Maker

It's not permitted.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I was once contacted by a seller. She sent me a coupon code after I favorited something. It felt pushy and spamy and I severed all contact with that shop. Just my experience.
0 Likes

Contacting people just because they favorite something in your shop is highly discouraged by Etsy- probably for all the reasons listed above. Don't go there...
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Sorry but that's total spam.

And if I spent the time contacting everyone who marked either my shop or an item as a favourite each day then I'd get absolutely no work done at all.
0 Likes

Thank you to everyone who responded. I thought that might be too much like 'call center' stuff...

Hope everyone has a super selling day!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

It's not only spammy but not allowed. I've had sellers do this to me but I assume they didn't know.

https://www.etsy.com/help/article/4531
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

It's not allowed under Etsy's terms of use.
....And it is super annoying to receive these.
I favourite loads of stuff and it would be really fustrating to receive convo's from each of these.
There is one particular shop I have actually un-favourited (Sorry!!), due to them sending me tons of convo's thanking me for liking their stuff (yes, each and everytime) and links to all their social media sites etc.

If you want to say thanks, share the love and visit their shop (if they are a seller) and heart some of their stuff back :)
0 Likes
kijsa
Etsy Seller

I immediately un-favorite a shop when they do that- too pushy, unwanted & against the rules. Too many other wonderful sellers to do business with that are inline with the policies and won't fill my inbox with unwanted spam!
Favorite a shop back if you like them, or perhaps include in a treasury as another option.
0 Likes

What you could do instead is start a newsletter and ask your customers and your contacts on for instance social media sites if they want to be on your mailing list.
You then have a totally acceptable way of informing potential customers about your shop, new products, new inventory, sales, etc.
0 Likes

one time I got a convo from someone that I had favorited (probably in a favoriting thread on a team) that since I liked their dog products I could get a discount, and also that I might like things at their shop, Harlots dot com (or something like that with harlots in it!) I wrote back that in fact I didn't have a dog, but there is some chance that I might be a Harlot.

I guess they didn't think it was funny because I didn't hear back from them.
0 Likes
PAPERFLORISTS
Conversation Maker

Ha ha Barbara!!!! I think it's funny. :-)

Definitely spam. If it is someone new to Etsy I let them know that it is considered spam in case they didn't know. Otherwise, I just delete it.
0 Likes

I too received a very pushy, spam convo after favoriting an item. It was such a turn-off that unfavorited the item which I was actually considering buying. I didn't want to encourage that type of behavior.
0 Likes
DoveAndFinch
Inspiration Seeker

I have received many such conversations from people after favoriting an item and find it annoying and very spam like. One seller even gave me a link to her brothers website who sells art and begged me to buy something from him. Such a turn off and so unprofessional!
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.