Former_Member
Not applicable

Can any one offer a critique please?

I've made the changes offered so far and need an update critique if I can.
Still doesn't seem quite right. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
12 Replies

Re: Can any one offer a critique please?

you've put in a huge amount of work. I'm not in your product segment but your shop looks like it's ready for prime time.

Now get out there and do marketing :)
0 Likes

oh geez murray she asked for improvements. if marketing was so awesome, we wouldn't have companies going backrupt after they name stadiums and buy superbowl ads.

I LOVE your shop banner, and you have great products and a consistent look. some of the backgrounds are distracting:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/103749849/beach-necklace-original-photography-art

I can barely see the pendant, it's so small! The rocks are nice, but if you're going to have stuff in the background make sure the eye really goes to the product.

Also the section titles with spaces will really hurt your SEO. No one types "b r a c e l e t s" into a search engine, google doesn't see that as a real word. it may be the style, but it won't help you get seen.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I agree with spacefem, you have great products, but some of them are a bit difficult to see. I would suggest maybe trying to take some closer up photos.

I wish you many, many sales!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

First off, I LOVE your banner! Simple and stylish.

The inventory you have is really great, 174 items! Really great accomplishment.

I'd recommend not using the border on your listings. It decreases your chances of being on the front page, and in treasuries. It also is a distraction. The focus should be on the item. You might want to show the jewelry on a model too and utilize more photos.

Some of your listings like this one -http://www.etsy.com/listing/103258044/vintage-button-ring-gray-grey-metal have a very choppy description. I'd recommend using full sentences. You also write the button is 1/2" -include it in cm too (I saw you did this for necklaces, so I'd keep it consistent for international sellers).

You might want to create an About page too. I think it's great for buyers to see and am working on creating mine :)
0 Likes

Kristen, Your shop looks great, photos are clear and bright. I do agree, however, that if you are going to use the rock props (which I like), I'd focus more on the pendant and less on the rocks, perhaps a slight crop-out of the rocks would pull the viewer more into the item you are selling. One thing about your tags...This was pointed out to me on my tags not long ago and it made sense. Instead of using just one word, try combining 2 or 3 words such as "nature pendant" instead of just "nature" or "pendant", or "silver necklace" instead of "silver" or "necklace". You'll also get more bang for your tag buck too!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Wow guys! Thank you. Each and every one. Great feedback and just what I needed to get going anew. The next phase, as it were.
So many new things to work on and I was at a complete block as to what to do next.

And thanks for the info on my newly listed items. I feared the same thing as you pointed out. The rocks probably need to go for the first pic.

I'll be reading and re-reading this post while I implement those changes this week and thanks so so much. It took multiple trys to get this critique and I'm glad I kept trying<3
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I agree with the suggestion of close up images, try and use all five images if possible, rather than just three. Some ultra close ups would be nice!!

I really really love the rock props, so if anything edit how you use them, but I think getting rid of them would be a loss - they are a really lovely contrast with the product

Great banner!! and your store looks stunning by the way!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

That banner is so different...never seen one like that! Love it and am full of envy!

The button rings are cute, but I would like to see a little more "jazz" and be willing to pay a little more "green" for it. Don't get rid of those cute rings, but maybe expand in to some more elaborate ones.

0 Likes

I really like the look of the rocks, too but if the object is to sell the necklace do you want people oohing over the rocks? (I'm one to talk, I'm still working on how to stage things and streamline listings!) :)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I don't like your odd number prices. Stick to whole dollars or round to nearest .50. "2.95" is so ebay and tacky. lol. but everything else, i like :)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I don't like how some of the images are so small, and have a border around them. I like Etsy photos to take up to whole square, it looks cleaner.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Thank you guys! Totally didn't expect more but I'm grateful for it.
And I am on the same page and glad to know that things I was second-guessing I should probably change ;)
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.