Black friday

Hello people! I have a big question WHAT'S THE BEST TIME TO START WITH BLACK FRIDAY PROMO? I know it's on November 27 and CYBER MONDAY is on November 30, but I have seen that many stores apply discounts earlier.

Thank you!
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
20 Replies
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: Black friday

It does not hurt to go ahead and start if you want to. I think it really depends on what you sell, to be honest, but considering that people are probably already looking since shipping time might be a factor (especially international), it might be nice to get your shop out there.

Remember, cut off times for international shipments is coming up fast, so you are more likely to get holiday-related sales now vs. in December. Again, this depends on what you sell and what your shipping situation is.

Btw: your products are adorable. :)
0 Likes

It's my first Black Friday I'm planning to take part in and I wonder what exact steps I should make to be successful in it!!!

Should I reduce prices and show that it's a sale or is it ok just to add 'black friday' in the title and keywords?

Thank you!
0 Likes

you are right Diana, I will start this week, thank you!

Sunflower it's my first Black Friday too, so I will give a discount in my shop
0 Likes
RomaMiaTradingCo
Inspiration Seeker

Yeah, I'm having a black friday sale. I started promoting this past weekend. Going to run promotions about it on social media through Thanksgiving.
0 Likes

I am having one. Promoting it on Instagram and Facebook. I am releasing the code on Thanksgiving and it expires the last day of November.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I've honestly never had any luck with using and promoting coupon codes around Thanksgiving or the holidays. For the past couple of years I've plastered my banner, announcements, twitter, and even the item listings with coupon codes and while I inevitably see an increase in sales I'm sure it has nothing to do with promoting the sale I'm having since no one ever uses the coupon codes that I put everywhere. I'm probably just not going to do it this year.
0 Likes

so maybe it worked just the promotion without a coupon code Annie?
0 Likes

I don't find that Black Friday coupon codes helped my sales in all the years I've been on Etsy.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Paty, that's possible, but I'm with UnexpectedTreasure. I think it was probably just the fact that people naturally do more shopping during the holiday season so they end up searching more and buying more. The same thing happens to me in May and June (my items are often purchased as graduation gifts) without any promotion. In fact, 1 year my sales in May exceeded my holiday sales despite my attempts at promoting during the holidays. So I really don't think promo measures (at least for me) have anything to do with it. It depends on the demographic and why the items are being purchased. I'm sure some people probably have great results with it.
0 Likes

Well, I will try and give a chance, anyway I made a Black friday coupon, is gonna be from Nov 20 - 30 with the code BLACKTEGUI

Regards,
Paty Urióstegui
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

This is my first black friday and cyber Monday, as well. I wasn't going to do anything special but after reading all of your responses I think I might. People always love a deal and they will be shopping on those days for deals so why not. I hope you all have great success with your black Fridays and cyber Mondays!!
0 Likes

Yes Andrea!, I just got more views today, and 1 sale this morning (but that one was before I announced the promo.)

I hope you have a lot of sales too :)
0 Likes

I only participate in Small Business Saturday. I started advertising my sale earlier in the week :) Shop small!
0 Likes

Have any of you used the Etsy On Sale website to discount all your items? You can run a sale for any amount of time and do a quantity or a percentage discount. Mine runs Friday through Sunday and I am giving a generous 30% off. It has drove in a TON of sales today. You literally don't have to change any listings or add any coupon codes. The website does it all for you. Check it out!
0 Likes

This is my first year and yes, I have a Black Friday-Cyber Monday sale using Etsy On Sale. I am promoting through social media.
I haven't seen any significant difference so far but we still have two more days so I don't give up hope.
0 Likes

I'm doing a little sale too.,last year nobody used the code. Had an order last night & they didn't use it either
0 Likes

well, after days promoting my code, there have been 4 times somebody have used it, so at least is something to me :) I still have until monday with all my store 30% off
0 Likes
SweetAndMellow
Inspiration Seeker

Today is the first day I use a coupon code, I thought cybermonday would be a great day to start :) now let's hope people will use it!
0 Likes

I wish you luck Esther, the day it's almost over, but there are always last minute sales $$$$$
0 Likes

i did some promotions for black friday and cyber monday a few days ago and have the code up in my shop but i still haven't made any sales, Not sure what is up, i haven't made any sales online in a while now.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.