Thought it would be good to share how we get on during Black Friday. I just got my first person using the coupon code in my announcement! Very exciting. How's it shaping up for everyone else?

Ps- happy thanksgiving to all the Americans. I'm in the uk and here is is now officially Black Friday lol :-)

Re: Black Friday success??

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes

21 sales on saturday,new record
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

so i finally had a sale this weekend too. nothing special, the customer didn´t even use the code but a sale is a sale
0 Likes
EurekaGuides
Inspiration Seeker

I had a 50% off on all of my Guides kit for the whole month of November. Yesterday I started a free listings promo for the month of December. I try to do something different each month.

I have to say though that I thought the internet was supposed to be super busy during this time of year but my views were way down at the weekend. Our websites were also extremely quiet. I guess everyone was too busy eating turkey. :-(
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I have a coupon code posted for the December shopping season and I've had it used already. I post my coupon codes on facebook and no matter the event I've always had a few customers use them. :)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Only 1 sale on Black Friday, but the days leading up to it...sheesh! I too broke a new record. I was happy when I hit 95 sales last week, then 100, now I'm up to 109! I spent all of Friday filling orders and restocking inventory. I was going to post a coupon code last week, but after my rapid-succession orders I decided to just post it to my facebook and twitter followers and wait until today to let the etsy community know. :) So far no sales today, but the day is still young.
0 Likes

Quiet for me. I'm offering 15% off & free shipping - nada!
0 Likes
1AEON
Inspiration Seeker

Overall slow but the last 5 months were like that.
That being said, this weekend is starting to make a leap and it makes me very excited! Yay!
A week worth of advertising, soc media, new items, photoshoot, titel/tag changes, updates, re-lists, cross promotion, word of mouth...it's all starting to pay off:) SO HAPPY!
Love you all!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Devon - I just took a quick look at your shop since you said you hardly ever get sales. I would like to suggest that you work on your photos - the ones I looked at were not in focus and the overall look of your shop is hard on the eye because of the busy background. I hope you don't mind me critiquing but I thought an outside perspective could be of help.

Keep at it.
0 Likes

Only one sale on black friday but 13 more since then... same promo was up for the week prior and ends tomorrow (i think... lol)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I did 20% off for cyber Monday but no sales. :( I hope my shop can take off better than what it is. I know its new but its frustrating to not get any sales.
0 Likes

Friday and Saturday were very good for me on Etsy. Sunday a little less ... and the only sale I made here on Cyber Monday was just after midnight Etsy time ... which was still my Sunday evening; I did have a repeat customer put a doll on lay-away today, but she won't have it paid for till mid-January. Even though CM sucked, the weekend as a whole was my best "Thanksgiving weekend" EVER on Etsy!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Final tally: 8 sales between Friday and Monday. 1 was a custom order. Yay!
0 Likes

I had 15 sales from Black Friday to Cyber Monday. I offered a small discount (15%) and I think it helped seal the deal on some sales.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Friday through Monday were fantastic for me - 50 orders in total. My highest grossing week to date!
0 Likes

@ Barbara Woolmington - My photos have to stay for now...I took them during the early fall and now its winter here in maine so my ability to take nice photos will have to wait until when there is no snow. Im limited on nice photo settings too...I hope to sell some items this weekend at a art walk so ill have less items to take photos of when the weather allows me to take photos.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

No sales, but I'm not disappointed. I've been open three weeks and I know it takes time. If nothing else, I learned how to set up a sale - what kind of discount I should offer, updating tags, creating coupons, etc.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.