Former_Member
Dearest Etsy,

In 2007, I found Etsy and it changed my life. This cool new website gave me the platform to quit my day job and be a full-time seller in six short months. My life changed even more dramatically when I packed my bags and moved to Brooklyn to be part of the Etsy team. Each day since presented an opportunity to awaken possibilities within our community, and I made it my mission to motivate and educate in any way I could.

Now, I must move on and find exciting new challenges that will awaken my own possibilities. A quote from the movie Annie comes to mind, “How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.”

I leave feeling thankful for all the opportunities, friendships, and mostly for seeing first hand the change Etsy has made in the lives of so many. Today, more than ever, I know Etsy can change the world – this responsibility is in the hands of brilliant and passionate people behind the scenes here. And you, dear seller, you are doing your own very brave part, helping make the world a brighter and more thoughtful place.

My last blog post, How to Beat the Etsy Sale Addiction (and Make More Money!), is about being brave and asking for what you’re worth. This is something we must all do together. If we all take one big breath, settle on a big, audacious goal, and ask for what we need to get there, the marketplace will stay strong and together we can take over the whole, wide, world. I can’t wait to watch it happen.

Two inspiring women, Michelle and Nickey, will continue to share their wisdom. I couldn’t ask for two smarter, more talented, or more charismatic women to continue Etsy’s seller education. I will miss working with them every day – they have brought so much joy into my life!

If you have questions for me, you can ask them in this Etsy Success thread. I wish each of you all the success you deserve!

Big XO,

Danielle

Blog post: http://www.etsy.com/blog/en/2012/how-to-beat-the-etsy-sale-addiction-and-make-more-money/
Find Nickey here: Knickey.etsy.com
Find Michelle here: Heymichelle.etsy.com
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: Bittersweet Announcement

Jump to solution
Have fun on your new adventures Danielle!
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes

Jump to solution
How exciting for you! New roads, new paths to conquer. You go girl! And thank you so much for all that you have given here. May miracles and wonders never cease for you.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
Thank you for your words of wisdom Danielle!
You gave me inspiration.

Good luck!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
I'll miss you!!!! But God bless you in your future goals and endeavors!
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Good luck! All the best!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
I learned a lot from all your posts. All the best! Hope your next journey is a successful one.
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Good luck Danielle!!!
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Wow Danielle....I will miss your brilliant posts!
Thx for sharing your wisdom with us and LOTS of luck wherever you go!
Sigal
0 Likes
nauli
Post Crafter

Jump to solution
Dear Danielle,

Unbelievable that you are on the leave. For us, you have been the one who gave Etsy a face! We've learned almost everything we know about online marketing from you.
Had been very happy to meet you in person in Berlin at Hello Etsy last year.

We wish you good luck for your coming exciting journey!

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
Best of luck Danielle!!

I'm sorry to see you go, and I wish all the best wherever you'll go.

Thanks so much for all your great advices and help!!

Meital
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Danielle,

Although I am pretty new I have been following you and I can only wish you the best! Thanks for the advice, tips and help!

Patricia
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
Good luck and be happy -:))
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
So sad to hear that you are leaving Etsy Danielle - for me too you have been the person I've learnt the most from and it was so lovely to meet you in Berlin.
Best wishes with whatever you are doing next - hope you will let us know so that we can keep in touch.
Rhiannon x
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Good luck Danielle in your future endevors. We will miss you.
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Thank you Danielle, you have been a valuable asset here and I am sure your future is bright!
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Good luck Danielle, Thanks so much your help which was so important over the years!
0 Likes
bhangtiez
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution
Danielle,

I don't really know you, but you have taught us all so much here on ETSY. You inspire so many to keep working hard for what they believe in, and hard work it is. You have made great contributions to ETSY as a place for sellers to learn and grow.

Thank you for your hard work and dedication here on ETSY!

0 Likes

Jump to solution
you have been such an asset to the Etsy community--I just want to add my best wishes for your continued success and growth!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
Such great words of wisdom! First I wish you much Success!!! Pricing can be the "Joy Robber" for a Shop Owner. We all come here starting at many different levels...As Danielle said "Know your worth and workmanship".

When I first started my shop I was a beginner and my prices reflected that. but the more i learn and better I got at my designs and skills; I had to consider raising my Prices. This was very hard, my local customers did not like it so they stopped shopping with me completely.....and said " who do I think I am some Top Designer". It took me on a emotional roller coaster where I wanted to give up,
and close shop (at home)

Then someone told me about Etsy... and I decided I'll show them (local customers) at first I did not sell anything for 3 months; well that only feed into what the locals were saying.

During all of this my designs were getting better and better; I kept my prices low knowing my jewelry was worth more than my price point. So one day I had a Good Cry and Prayed in humbleness "Please God teach how to not fear greatness" meaning stay humble and be confident to do what has to be done....RAISE THOSE PRICES WITHOUT FEAR OF ANY BACKLASH!!!!!

So, 1st here is what I found out,
Once I displayed my items in real unique way, they came (customers)
I raised my prices to the true value of my work, those who like my jewelry came
...and Thank God their are millions of people looking and loving Us Handmade Crafter here at Etsy....and they came!!!!

Etsy opened up a whole New World for me....8 months later someone saw my jewelry line; and Now I have my Own Space in a Retail Shop in my local Downtown area.....Go Figure!!!

Diva54
0 Likes
wolfmansmummy
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution
Thank you, Danielle, for all the kicks in the ass you gave me when I needed them...

Much love to you and yours~
0 Likes
1AEON
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution
Danielle,
it makes even more precious the last two days when I went to the BK headquarters and talked with you and other magicians behind this machine that virtually untouchable. The only way Etsy shows physical presents is you! ( besides us users of the website.) Thanks for being part of the magic, in a way I feel like i don't have a boss, but you guys are the parent company for mine.
Thank you!
Gabe/1AEON
0 Likes

Jump to solution
I'll miss you, and your pearls of wisdom, here Danielle.
0 Likes

Jump to solution
You have been such an inspiration Danielle. Although we have never met, your posts and occasional encouraging responses to my comments have made me feel as if we share a warm 'virtual' association. Thank you for all the great posts, education and support! Sending you good wishes for success in future endeavors! Hugs Galore!
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Best of luck Danielle ♥
0 Likes

Jump to solution
All the best of luck to you in your new adventure!
I really appreciate the time you took to write every post and to personally reply to the few emails I sent, asking for more specific advice. I don't know of any other selling website that has a member of its staff as accessible as you have been to myself and everyone on Etsy, nor someone as inspiring!
Thanks, Danielle! You'll be missed, but I know you'll be successful in your new venture!
Hugs,
Shell
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.