Banners, yes or no?

Hi, I am participating in the Boost your shop seminar. I thought as long as I'm updating my shop, I should update my banner. I've never had one that I was crazy about, the dimensions don't work that well for me.
But, I don't know if I should spend the energy if Etsy is going to redesign and get rid of banners.

Thoughts on this?
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
11 Replies
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: Banners, yes or no?

Hi Claudia,

One thing to remember is that most people never see your shop banner, especially if they get to your shop via a search for a particular item.

I made my own banner (its a part of my avatar that's been reworked) and nobody has said anything about it since I opened the shop over 6 years ago.

If your banner and avatar are working well for you then why change?

0 Likes

Hi, I made a new banner I'm happy with. One of the reasons I wanted to change was that I wasn't happy with what I had. The other is that a blog I am advertising on uses the banner as the ad.

Check it out, let me know what you think: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ClaudiaMarieFelt
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Super cute banner, Claudia! It really shows off the items in your shop! Which I love, by the way!

Personally, I love having a banner - I really think it gives each shop some individuality. I hope they don't get rid of them!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I really like my banner and avatar because originally it went with our business cards. I think the right banner is a nice transition into your shops products.
0 Likes

I love the banners and hope they don't get rid of them.
0 Likes

I used bannerfans.com to make mine. The dimensions for Etsy banners are hard to work with, but this FREE program makes it so easy!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

no banner for me

takes up too much room on mobile devices

0 Likes

Thanks Jeanie, that's a good tip. The banner dimensions are difficult to work with.
I really wasn't so attached to banners. But now that I have one I like, I'd like to keep it.
Thanks Amanda!
0 Likes

Your banner is absolutely adorable Claudia! It really shows off what you sell. I think the banners are important as they let us distinguish our shops from one another so that we don't look so generic. Thanks for the tip Jeanie Allen. I might just try out bannerfans.com .
0 Likes

I thought about making a new banner but not sure if it is worth the time and effort if Etsy does away with them like they did during the tests last month.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Love banners! A banner can help convey the shop's brand and style, and express individuality. I used pic monkey to create mine and it wasn't hard at all.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.