Former_Member
Not applicable

A sale problem

Hello!
I have a problem with a sale and I need an help!
About 1 month ago I received a international oder. I shipped the earrings with no traceable shipping but after 26 days the buyer opened a case on Etsy because she has not received the package. The day after I sent another paid ...today she wrote to me that she received the package, but inside there was only the gift and not the earrings!
I'm sure that into the package I put the earrings!!
What I do now?
I have to close the case and I'm thinking to send another paid of earrings with traceable shipping.
I want to know if I can cancel an order that I get from this person in the future...or how can I protect myself from these drawbacks?
Did it happen to you?
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
9 Replies
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: A sale problem

Hi, I'm not sure if I can help but I'll try. We're the second pair sent with tracking and/or insurance?

I don't think I would send a third pair. To close the case, I would issue a refund. Unfortunately it is a loss but there seems to be something suspicious about this transaction. Be very professional and perhaps say something like "it's unfortunate the postal service is so flawed, but after two attempts I am at a loss".

I have asked about blocking a person in the forums before and was told it can be done, but the person was not sure how. I know Etsy has Seller Protection (in your private shop view, on the left side, under 'Resources'.

I hope this is of some help. Best of luck.
0 Likes

Keep in mind there is a lot of theft happening en route. She might be right that the earrings were missing. I agree with issuing a refund rather than replacing the earrings.

I haven't sent items with insurance because it just plain costs too much, but I think I would do that with an international order. Or some other means to track the item to the customer's door.

It's a conundrum, and I don't think anyone has a perfect answer, but Tasha has given you some very good advice.
0 Likes

Yes, I'd refund and cut your losses. Just keep in mind it's one item among many, and don't let it get to you.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

yep! if you refund her directly, you can 100% sure to close the case, cuz Etsy will help you. However, if you send her the third times, you can not guarantee that she will close the case.

My suggestion is just refund her!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Wait! I got another crazy idea.

If there's no earrings in your second package, the weight of the package should be lighter.Well, it's just way too troublesome to find the weight difference.

Anyway, good luck!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

It can happen that the earrings got stolen in customs or post office somewhere - was the package torn or damaged?

In your case I would simply refund at this point, and insure packages over certain value.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Thank a lot to all!
I refund the money to the customer.
The problem is that I tried to cancel the transaction but when I click on "Cancel transaction" never happen! Maybe because is passed over a week from the opening of the case?
I contacted Etsy support, wish me good luck!
0 Likes

I always include the Customs ID # and email it to the buyer. So far I have had good luck with this method.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

The custom ID of the transaction or of the shipping?
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.