A quick peek please!

Hello all,

I'm fairly new here and need a quickie peek at my shop for your first impression. I.ve asked for advise recently and had only one response. Please help! Thanks much.
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
9 Replies
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: A quick peek please!

http://www.etsy.com/listing/96624524/spring-birds-collage-set-of-9-reclaimed
I thought that your pictures all looked great and I usually choose to click on one listing to review (usually what goes for one goes for all). I really like your work, especially in this piece. I think that it is unique and fun and something that a lot of people would be interested in buying for their homes. Taking a look at your title, I don't really think that it would be easy to find this piece in a search (especially a google search). Try changing your titles so that your tell us what it is first. I would start with the word "collage" in this particular title.
Your description is amazing (much better than my own). You tell us exactly what it is, how you did it, and how big it is. awesome. One thing to think about changing is restating what it is at the very beginning of your description so that google can find it easier.
Shipping. You only ship to the U.S.? That's okay if it's your preference, but you would probably get a lot more business if you opened shipping up to other countries.
Overall, one of the best looking shops that I've critiqued. Good job!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hiya Doreen and welcome to Etsy!

your shop looks good, banner good, photos good I do wonder a little about you titles though

http://www.etsy.com/listing/94089635/pressed-botanical-art-block-reclaimed

I'm not sure if people would search for 'Pressed botanical art block'. Or would they????

Maybe this would be a more searchable title 'Botanical Art - Pressed Flowers (or leaves, whatever) - Wall Art'
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Yes , I forgot to mention your descriptions, excellent!!!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

and your tags neesd some work too. Try to use phrases rather than single words. Not always easy with the limited character count I know but instead of 'botanical' use 'botanical art' or'botanical wall art'. Use your title and description for clues for tags
0 Likes

Thanks for the awesome advise! I have found myself rather stuck on those types of titles and tags because they are the search words and phrases that have been coming up at the top of my shop stats. But it certainly won't hurt to expand and mix it up. I REALLY appreciate your time and words of wisdom!!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi Doreen,

I wish I had some advise to give you, but I don't because your shop looks great. The photos are lovely, the descriptions thorough, and the products are very cool. Good luck with your shop.
0 Likes

Doreen,

What you won't see in your stats are the search words people used that did not lead them to an item in your shop.

Edited to fix typo.
0 Likes

Thanks to all for your valuable imput. It is really helpful!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

First impression...I love it...the colors are beautiful..you have a clear theme going..all of your pictures are taken on the same background and in good light.. Nothing bad to say about it...Banner and avatar are very nice as well..

Good Job!
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.