PendantsHoard
Inspiration Seeker

Using Pinterest to Promote?

So already I've seen a few posts from people here about how they use Pinterest to promote their Etsy. I've never had much success with Pinterest, so I was wondering what you all do? And if you had any recommendations? Are you using ads, or just staying active, how you tag (or if you tag at all) your pins etc. 

It would be helpful to myself and, I think, to other people here!

-Hana

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
3 Replies

Re: Using Pinterest to Promote?

I started out with a regular Pinterest account, creating a board for my shop, but also creating boards with pins of items I loved-color schemes, home decor, fashion, etc. that reflect who I am and the type of customer I would want to attract.  It's also important to follow other people's boards and build up a following.   Then I created a Pinterest business account.  Pinterest has a lot of information there on how to promote your business.  You learn how to create ads, etc.   It takes time, but learn all you can.   Pinterest is more my style, because I'm visual and don't have the opportunity to sell in person due to where I'm located.

Every one is different as to how they want to promote themselves.  More social people would do well with Instagram and Facebook.  The key is consistency.  Have in mind the type of customer you want, then focus on attracting that type.  (age, income, personality,etc.) You have to know who your customer type is before you can be successful at promotion.

5 Likes

here is a great YouTube video.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WF8CuSQwJ3E

1 Like

great tips here - I'm new also and appreciate the sharing of best practices!  Thanks so much!

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.