Customer Service and Refunds Trying to do the right thing

An item in my shop was not deactivated once I gave it away. I was wrong. I immediately, 2hours after purchase, refunded the buyer and sent a message giving them a an apology and 30% discount if they ever purchase again. The buyer claimed they never received notifications from Etsy. I want to just paypal them the money but waiting for a response from my support ticket. I suggested that the buyer open a case against me. Was I wrong?

I wanted to offer a substitute item from my shop but her item was name brand specific. I am hoping the buyer is not trying to manipulate me but unsure. If I actually send money via PayPal not sure if Etsy would  refund me. Do people survive bad feedback? What a wonderful learning experience. !

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
2 Replies

Re: Customer Service and Refunds Trying to do the right thing

Refunding the buyer was fine, but offering them a 30% discount AND asking them to open a case against you? It was an honest mistake on your part!   We all want our customers to be happy and like us, but you have to think about your bottom line, too.  If they left you bad feedback even after you gave them a refund, apology and a discount offer, then that's a customer I'd be done with.  You can only do so much.  

0 Likes

Re: Customer Service and Refunds Trying to do the right thing

Thank for your insights

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.